Chapter 8

A/N:
Sorry I took a little longer to update this time. This weekend is also going to be busy for me, but I'll try to update as much as I can!

(America's POV)
I wake up in the best mood I have ever been in since coming to the castle. I feel like flying, and when my maids come in to dress me in today's dress, I beam at them.
"This. Dress. Is. STUNNING!!" I tell them. They chatter excitedly amongst themselves as they get me ready. The dress they have for me today is a light purple dress that stops a little bit above my ankles. It has sparkles (obviously Lucy's contribution) and has a darker purple fabric below the chest. (It's kinda like a belt thing) It has thickish straps and a V neckline. Then, they place a beautiful necklace on, as well as shimmery earrings. Lucy puts waves in my hair, and then pins the sides back. I look at myself in the mirror and gasp. I look beautiful! I head down to breakfast. When I get there, I swear Maxon mouths the word, wow. I blush and take my seat. Today for breakfast we had French toast with bacon and waffles. The meal was really good. After that, we are dismissed to go have a lesson with Silvia. It's so dull and boring that I daydream through all of it. Instead of going back to my room, I decide to go roam the castle. I stop in my tracks when I see a library. This is what I'm doing for the rest of the day, I think, reading. The library is huge, and it's also beautiful. I head to the section where there's action books. They're not usual my type of book but I'm feeling rather adventurous today. That, of course, was when someone interrupted me.
"Lady America?" I spin around on my heels and come face to face with Maxon, of all people.
"We meet again." I say. He gives me a winning smile and says,
"What are you doing here today?" I tell him honestly that I had nothing else to do and I wanted to do something a little different than usual.
"Well then, would you like to take a walk in the gardens?"
"Sure!" I'm rather excited, really. When we get there, he says,
"So how is your stay here at the palace so far? I know it's only the 4th day, but..."
"I'm actually enjoying it!" I say.
"More than just the food?" I laugh at that and tell him,
"Yes! Though the food is delicious." He smiles and walks over to a patch of roses. He picks out a red one and walks over.
"This is for you," he says, shyly. I beam at him and say,
"It matches my hair!" He laughs heartily at this and I look up at the sky. I sigh as I think, he has potential. Whenever I'm with him, he makes me smile.
"America?"
"Yes?" I respond. He seems hesitant and I'm not sure how I feel about the next question he's going to ask me.
"Well I was, uh, wondering if, um, you wanted to come with me to a, er... party? A uh, royal party?" He squeaks. My heart flutters and it says, but, Aspen. I ignore my heart and think to myself, he's gone in the past. He dumped me and he was my first love. I'm moving on. And anyway, I think I have feelings for Maxon..
"Sure!!" I tell him and give him my best smile.
"Ok." Maxon says. He's about to tell me something else when a guard comes and says,
"Prince Maxon, sir, your mother requests your presence." Maxon sighs and walks into the palace, but not before he says goodbye to me. The rest of the day goes by pretty uneventfully compared to this morning. I keep my meeting with Maxon a secret, as I feel it's best to not brag to all of the girls that we've already been on 2 dates. I'm not that kind of person.

The rest of the week is pretty uneventful as well. Basically all we did was eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, have lessons with Silvia, gossiped with each other, went to the library, etc, etc.. The only thing that was a little different was that there was one small rebel attack- and luckily nobody was killed. Today is now the 7th day that I've been at the palace. Maxon had taken other girls on dates, too, but I was still the only one who had had 2 dates with him. I felt a little jealous that he was bringing the other girls on dates, but I knew he had to. Just like any other day, I was walking down the hall to get to the dining room. That was, until, I was stopped by an all too familiar person. Maxon.
"Hi!" I said. He smiled.
"On your way to dinner?"
"Of course." I say.
"I want to go, but of course I have to go to a meeting!"
"That stinks. But it's probably better than having to listen to Silvia lecture on and on about stuff." I said.
He laughs and says,
"No, my meetings are probably 100x worse." I was about to debate with him when he said,
"You should probably go to dinner now. See you around, Lady America!" He says and walk into the dining hall. It's our usual meal, and Marlee and I talk like we always do. When I'm done, I go to my room for the night. I don't change out of my dress yet as I actually feel comfortable in it. My maids aren't here yet, anyway. I was writing a letter to May when all of a sudden there's a knock at my door. I look at the clock. At this time, it wouldn't be my maids. So who would it be?

The next chapter is going to be a little more romantic, for Valentine's Day. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Comment, Vote, and Happy Belated Valentine's Day!!!!!!