Chapter 5

I wasn't going to update until tomorrow but a lot of people insisted I updated today.. so I am staying up until midnight for you guys.. I hope you enjoy it!!

(Maxon's POV)

I walked out of the dining room feeling really bad. I didn't want to eliminate those girls but I knew I had to. It would get easier once there was less girls around. (Hopefully) I could tell that the remaining girls wanted me to hang around for a little longer, but I have important issues I have to deal with, especially since dad is still in the hospital. I make my way to the security camera room to go check the film again to make sure I wasn't seeing things.. But yep, I saw it again. One of the rebels had knocked out one of our guards and changed into the guard's suit and then walked away from the scene after dad and America were knocked out. My heart pounded against my chest again.. We have a rebel amongst us. He's pretending to be one of us but he's still amongst us. I'm still really shocked but most of all, really scared. I didn't want to lockdown the place as that would cause panic and the rebel would probably just go with us if we hid anyway. Should I go down to ask father what his advice was? Maybe. I decided I would. I went to the hospital and saw that he was fortunately awake.
"Dad! You're awake! I have some really urgent news to tell you so if we could go somewhere else more, er... private, that would be great!"
"I was actually just about to leave so let's go to my room and talk." He says. As we walk to the room, my father asks,
"How bad is it?"
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"This urgency. Is it high urgency or low?"
"Um.. I'll tell you when we get to the room."
We stepped into the room and closed the door. My father looks really concerned as he turns to me.
"What is it, son?"
"Dad, the tapes when you and America were knocked out.. show some.. shocking news." I say, trying not to sound too scared even though I'm scared out of my wits.
"Son, wh-"
"THERESAREBELAMONGSTUSANDIMREALLYSCAREDDADWHATDOWEDOOHMYGOD!!" I rush.
"Slow down, what about the rebels?"
"Dad. A rebel knocked out a guard and then put the guard's suit on. There is a rebel somewhere in this castle that is disguised as a guard." I say as calmly as possible even though I feel like I'm going to explode. My dad loses it.
"WHAT?!?"
"I know. It's bad." I say.
"Crap, crap, crap..." My dad murmurs to himself. He's obviously never had to deal with a situation quite like this before.
"Can we see his face in the video? Because if we can w-" I cut my father off.
"We can't see his face. There's no point in whatever you where going to say. Fortunately, the rebel amongst us seems to be a Northerner as he hasn't murdered anybody."
"Whatever we do, we have to keep the selection girls safe. And America, poor America, she's been subjected through so much already and she's only been here a day..." My father murmurs. Then I get an idea.
"Let's go get mom. See what she says."
"Ok. I'll stay here, you go get her."
As I'm walking the corridor, I can't help think to myself, what do these Northerners want? Obviously they don't want me, mom, and dad gone from the throne because they would've tried to kill us already. But what is so important?? Arghh I want to know so badly. However, I think we should increase the amount of soldiers around the areas that have secret things, such as Gregory Illéa's diary. But that probably wouldn't work because the rebel is disguised as a guard, ugh.. Maybe we should just leave it be for now? I don't know. I get mom from the Ladies' Room and we go back up to my parents' bedroom.
"I think we should just leave it be." My mom says.
"If we try to protect any secret areas, this rebel will find out where it is since he is disguised as a guard. I think we can just leave him because he hasnt tried to murder anyone." I agree with mom and so does dad. We don't want to arise panic as that would make everything 2x worse. I decided to go to the girls and hang out with them, to protect them. I hope this all gets settled out soon...

Ok I hope that wasnt too much of a cliffhanger!! Sorry this was shorter I originally wasnt going to write today but like I said, people really wanted this chapter ASAP. I hope you liked what the video turned out to be! Vote, comment, enjoy!!!!!