Chapter 12

A/N:

Please comment, vote, and follow!:)

(Maxon's POV)

I stood there next to America, probably shaking. How could I possibly confess my love to her without sounding.. I don't know, weird, nervous?? This was so awkward. Why did I think to bring this up again? Oh yeah, my father suggested it. Whoopie doo!

"America, I.." I choke on my words and look on the floor. She wraps her arms around me and says,

"Shhh.. It's ok. You don't have to tell me right now if you don't want to." This is one of the reasons why I love America. She understands me in a way others don't. I look into her eyes and say,

"But I want to." Then, pausing, I look down for a brief second then look back up.

"I love you in a way that I've never felt before. My heart flutters when you smile and is pained when you are sad. Whenever I look at you, my heart swells with pride as I think, I love her, and she is perfect." Tears swell in her eyes as she says,

"But I'm not perfect."

"You are perfect to me!" Before she can say anything else and before I even have a chance to change my mind, I lean down and kiss her. It's unlike the first kiss (the redo one) that we had. This one is more loving, tender yet soft. We kiss for awhile and then, hesitantly, I pull away.

"I think we should get some rest. We have The Report tomorrow." She groans slightly and says,

"The Report.. right. Um, I better get back to my maids. They are going to start wondering where I am." And with that, she hurries into the castle with a crimson-red blush on her face. I'm probably blushing as well, and I can feel the heat on my face. I'm feeling so wonderful that I actually go to talk with the chef.

"You seem very happy," was the first thing she said to me.

"Yes, yes I am." I tell her.

"So what did you come here for?" She asks.

"I was wondering if you could make the most divine breakfast tomorrow that you've ever made? And for dessert could there be strawberry tarts?" I know those are America's favorite so I want them to be served.

"Sure!" I'm glad she doesn't question why, as I would probably spill everything. As I head to bed, I smile at my thoughts. She was happy! She kissed me back!!! She's the one! Of course, I realized that I couldn't end the Selection yet. America never actually said she loves me, but I do think she enjoys my company. We'll have to come up with some sort of signal so we can tell each other when we want to talk.

"Son." Is the first thing I hear when I get to my room.

"Dad." I say back. Luckily, he smiles.

"How was your date?" He asks. I don't want to give him too much information yet so I say,

"Oh it was great! I had fun!" It's a good thing my dad doesn't dig deeper because if he had, I probably would've exploded. (In happiness, of course)

"You should get your rest, Maxon. We have the Report early tomorrow morning." Ugh, I remember that. It's going to be right after breakfast. Why I'm not allowed to eat breakfast with the girls I don't know, but my father insisted on having a 'family only breakfast.'

"Yes. Thanks dad."

"Good night, son." He tells me, and with that, he strides out of the room. Gosh, I am so nervous for the Report. I have to sit with all of the girls and interview them with certain questions. The only one I'm looking forward to is America's. I smile at the thought of her name... Now, time to go to bed.

Sorry this was a shorter update, I wanted to make the Report in America's POV and I wanted to get this chapter out quicker to you guys since a lot of you were asking. I'll have the next chapter out tomorrow or Saturday.