Chapter 25: The Wedding

Start from the beginning

I let go of Brody's hand and open the car door but he grabs my wrist and sits up rubbing his eyes with his free hand.

"Where are you going?"

"We have been sitting here for half an hour. It has been 45 minutes since that phone call and my babies aren't here. I am going to find them. I'll be right back."

"No, you can't go down there!"

"Why not?"

"We hold bad people down there. I don't want you to get lost and run into them."

"You let out our babies go in there!" I yell at him angered. "Unbelievable, our poor defenseless children."

"I know but it's safer than the pack house right now. I'll go down and sniff them out. You stay here in case they make it back before me.if they do just drive and get all of you out of here."

"Brody, you know I can't leave you. You are my mate."

"You can and you will if need be. I love you." He plants his lips on mine and gives me a long hard kiss. My eyes close and I lean in more but before I know it he is gone and I am alone.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The girls are in the back with Nora and Mia is in the front passenger seat and we are driving on the highway towards the hotel. We've been driving for over an hour an I hope to God Brody is okay. Mia and Nora have been exchanging glances about me obviously worried.

"Guys, I'm fine I promise. My first priority is my kids and then my mate. I need to get all of you to the hotel and then I will go find Brody."

"Brie, I don't think you should go looking for him your state." Nora spoke quietly.

"What?! I need to go look for him! He is my mate for heavens sake. I can't live without him. Oh god what if he is hurt!"

"He's not hurt, if he was you'd feel it. Where he is hurt and you'd feel the pain."

"Brie pull over, I think I should take over driving."

"Mia I'm fine, I can drive. I just need you guys to stop talking!" Char and Dani then both start crying.

"Brie pull over!"

"Whatever." I pull the car to the side of the highway and switch Mia seats. She starts driving and I have Nora hand me Dani. I feed her and calm her down as Nora tries to calm down Char.

"I gave her some snacks and some medicine to help her sleep."

"Thank you." I bounce Dani and hold my pinky in her mouth for her to suck on like a pacifier. She slowly falls asleep and curls up in my arms.

"Brody? Where are You? Are you okay?"
"I'm fine honey. Im just at your old school."
"Dylan... You have Brody I'm guessing?"
"Wow, I always knew you were smart."
"What do you want?"
"My child-"
"Not happening, I'll be there in an hour."
"I was counting on it."
"You should be deeply regretting your actions."