Chapter 5: Make New Friends

Edited

...........................

I was so glad that I knew Brody and Nora at school otherwise I would probably be lost. After Mrs. B announced she was pregnant earlier this week they got a little wrapped up with the baby stuff though. I was trying to find my way to the computer lab during lunch and had no luck. Now this girl was headed toward me, she looked like a nice girl but one of the popular types. I was a little confused why she was coming over but I went with it.

When she approached she immediately introduced herself, "Hey I'm Jess, and you must be Abrielle. Nice to meet you, welcome to our school."

"Um, ya I'm Abrielle but you can call me Brie. Thank you for welcoming me I haven't even been talked to by anyone but Brody and Nora Bustamante. Uh quick question where is the computer lab?"

"At the end of the hall you will take a left and then when you hit the first hallway that is perpendicular to it you will take a right and it will be the 5th door on the left. Actually I will just walk you there."

"Okay thank you. So do you know the Bustamante's or do only a select group of people know them?"

"Well I have known of Brody and the rest of them since Brody and I were in first grade. We weren't really friends though. Do you want to hang out after school at the local coffee shop?"

"Um I'll ask if it's OK, do you have a phone I could text you my reply on when I get an answer from my grandma?"

"Yes here is my number." she said as she typed it in my phone and saved it. That's when we arrived at the computer lab and parted ways. I think my acquaintance with Jess will turn into a friendship.

The rest of the school day went well and I was happy to see Brody in our last hour class. Today we were playing flag football and we had coed teams. Brody was a captain and of course chose me to be on his team. Our team won and after class I asked him to drop me off at the café.

...................................................

I met Jess at the café, we ordered our drinks and sat down at a table toward the back of the room. We talked for a little while, she Invited me to stay the night with her tomorrow and said "It would be fun but I don't know if I can. I have to talk to Brody's parents, okay?"

"Alright just let me know at school tomorrow." and with that we parted and went home.

I called Brody to pick me up and he showed up 10 minutes later wwe drove home in silence. Then when we got in the driveway and he parked at the begging of it where the mailbox was and turned off the engine.

He turned to me and asked, "Did you have fun with Jess?" he said her name like it was a filthy thing. So I said "Yes I had fun with Jess, in fact I'm going to spend the night with her tomorrow if your parents don't mind. And no Brody you can't stop me, you can't shelter me from the world. You sure as héll can't protect me from this world or myself. So now tell me Brody why you don't like Jess?"

He sat there for a moment and looked a little hurt but I knew where he was going with that whole thing. I might have been a little rude but he can't save me, I love him but I can't let him get hurt trying to protect me. He finally spoke up.

"Brie, I am just going to let you know that Jess is known as the party girl. She sleeps around, drinks a little too much at party's, and she has even done drugs. With your past I didn't want you to get involved with someone like that before you knew what you were getting into."

"Thank you for telling me but I can stop myself from drinking and doing stupid stuff."

"Okay, just please be safe. Oh, and my family is going on a camping trip tomorrow night and we won't be back until late Sunday night. We leave right after school and there is no cell service where we camp."

"Okay, how can I contact you if I need you?"

"All you have to do is yell my name and I'll be there. Brie, please don't go to this party if it's the party I think it is then there might be some bad people there."

"Thank you Brody for warning me, but I'm still going."

I kissed him on the cheek. He at least deserves that he is trying to make sure nothing bad happens to his mate and I can't blame him for being a little protective. We drove up to the house and went inside for dinner. His parents agreed that I should stay at Jess's, but they also tried to convince me to go with them.

..............................................................................................................................

Thank you for reading! Star and comment please!!!