Chapter 2: The Transition

Edited

As the day went on while we were shopping I kept glancing at Brody. There was an undeniable connection like a force pulling us together. He could feel it by the way he was staring at me. It was dinner time so we went to the food court for dinner we agreed we would only be half an hour so we could finish shopping and get back at a reasonable time. The Bustamantes told me I could stay with them and then go to school with their children once school started in a week. We finally got to the last store and decided that I need an amazing outfit for the first day of school. I tried on dress after dress and I found one that I kind of liked so I walked out of the dressing room to show Nora and Mrs. B. But the look on Brody's face was priceless he looked like he just saw the most amazing thing in the world and from his face I knew this was the dress.

After buying the dress, some new shoes, accessories, and my workout clothes we headed back to their house. We brought everything inside with the help of Alpha Bustamante and we took all of my stuff to a new room I was going to be staying in. When everybody headed off to bed I started to put stuff away before I got too far though there was a knock at the door. I slowly walked over and opened it Brody was on the other side.

"Come on in." I said.

"Um thanks I was just wondering if you needed any more help."

"No I think I'm good but could you show me around the house tomorrow after my training? I would really appreciate it. I don't even know how I'm going to last here. How do you do it Brody? And I'm sorry for rambling I just kind of do it when I'm nervous."

He then said. "Yes I will show you around tomorrow it's really no problem and don't worry about the rambling I do it too. Also if- if you have any questions you can ask my mom or I. Do you have any questions?"

"Actually I do have one."

"OK shoot."

"Well, um OK what is a mate and why would I hear a voice in my head say it?"

With that question Brody's cheeks went red and his eyes really big. His eyes don't only grow bigger but they turned a golden with flecks of orange.

..................................................................................................................

When she asked me that question my wolf side went crazy I didn't know how to control him yet and I was afraid of what he might do. He wanted to claim her, bite her wrist and make her ours. I told him to back off we didn't know who she thought was her mate. Well I guess now was the time to tell her what it meant and how she was mine.

"A mate is the person you're meant to be with and the voice is your wolf side. She will tell you who your mate is, if you are in danger, and many other things your wolf may help you with athletics or in a situation that you don't know what to do. Who does your wolf say your mate is?" short pause "If you don't mind me asking?"

After probably 5 minutes of silence she said one word that would change everything.

"You."

"Your wolf says that I'm your mate? Oh thank God I was so worried-"

She then cut me off and said. "What does she mean by claim?"