Chapter 1: Elwood, Kansas

Edited

Abrielle's POV

I was in the car on my way back to my grandma's house when a giant animal ran out in front of me. The worst part was that I was headed back from my grandpa's funeral. I slammed on my breaks but not quick enough I hit the animal. I got out of the car quick and ran to it. The animal looked like a wolf but it was too big, before I realized what it was it started to get up I ran. I ran as fast as I could into the woods my car wouldn't stop the beast and I knew it. The creature caught up with me quickly and bit me I kept running when I got to a clearing I saw a house and ran toward it as fast as possible. Next thing I know I blacked out.

I wake up in a bed as I sat up I saw two men talking on the other side of the room. I cleared my throat and said." Excuse me where am I and how long have I been out of it?" Then one of the men walked over, he had on a white lab coat and looked handsome. His skin was an olive color, his hair was dark brown almost black, and his eyes were brown with flecks of gold.

The man then said. "Hello, my name is Dr. Carl Yukimura you are at an infirmary in this man's house. We found you outside in the field you had collapsed. It has been three days since we found you and we need to discuss a very important topic." He then motioned to the other man and said. "This is Mr. Bustamante he will help me explain everything."

Mr. Bustamante then said. "This a hard thing to tell you but you have been bitten by a werewolf. We will provide you with somewhere to stay and we will help you with the transition. I don't expect you to be happy about this or want any of this but you can't ignore it." I looked up at his green eyes not wanting this to be true. Both men looked only in their late thirties but they seemed older. Mr. Bustamante had wonderful blonde hair that was curly on the ends but was slicked to the side and parted on the right side of his head. He was tall and was wearing a white button up shirt and nice jeans.

All of a sudden the door swung open and there stood an amazingly hot guy. His eyes were an ocean blue they were so beautiful and his hair was a dirty blonde color. I only got to see him for a moment but I heard something in my head quietly say 'mate'. He was quickly shoved out of the room by Mr. Bustamante and the door was closed.

I was asked a couple more questions and given some food. I went to take a shower and got changed quickly. I was told to meet them downstairs after I got cleaned up. On my way down I saw a girl that looked kind of like Mr. Bustamante and assumed she was his daughter. The only weird thing was that she is brunette. She was so pretty that I wished to be her, she looks like a cheerleader.

I continued downstairs and met them in the living room. They continued to explain how they are a pack of werewolves called the Ebony pack. They told me a little bit of their history and that they were making a specialized workout and meal plan so I could catch up to others in the pack that are my age on fitness and muscle mass. They continued to tell me I would also be taking a self-defense/ fighting class.

Brody's POV

I walked down the hall of extra bedrooms to the one at the end of the hall. It was the room I went to when I needed to think or I wanted to sing without anyone hearing me. My father was upset that I had taken an interest in singing rather than sports. I did track last year my sophomore year to make him happy but he wants me to do football this year and I am deathly afraid of getting crushed. Back to the I was almost to the door, when I opened it I was shocked as to what was inside. It was my father and Dr. Yukimura when I looked around it more I saw a human girl but there was not only a human Scent on her but a little werewolf. Her clothes were a little torn and she had dirt on her face she was so beautiful I wished I could have her right now our eyes met she had bright hazel eyes that put me in a temporary trance. As my dad pushed me out of the room my wolf side screamed mate in my head it gave me a headache.

I walked downstairs out the front door and I started sprinting to the woods I was freaking out. When I got close enough to the trees I stripped to nothing but my boxers and shifted. I ran until I got to the river I looked at myself in the water and remembered the first time shifted, it was the day before my fourteenth birthday. I was an early bloomer most of us don't shift for the first time until we are 16 or some even 20. My fur was a light brown like my fathers. My mother, well she is human and can't shift but she is very pretty, I get the brown in my hair from her and my blue eyes. My sister looks like my mom pretty and everything is the same only she has brown eyes.

When I got home my mother and sister were getting in the car. I was headed over to ask my mom where they were going when she walked out of the house and to the car. The girl from before was now wearing a black v neck, dark skinny jeans, and some black boots. That's when my mom said "Hey sweetie what do you need?"

"I was just wondering where you guys were going."

"We are going to the mall, you should come we need to get you some back to school clothes since you are growing out of all of yours. Also you can pick out your own underwear since last time I supposedly bought the wrong kind."

"Ya Brody you should come. " My sister chimed in.

"Thanks for the input, Nora." I said sarcastically.

"Hop in Brody you can sit in the back with... Oh what's your name again honey?"

The beautiful girl in the back seat replied. "Abrielle but you can call me Brie."