Chapter 14: Surprise X3

Don't listen to this yet! I will tell you when to. Warning this chapter DOES contain MATURE content. Party is on Saturday, October 15th and the appointment is Sunday the 16th.

...............................................................................

OH. MY. GOD. There are so many people here and they are all looking at me. I am scanning the crowd quickly as Brody and I walk over to where his parents are. I stop walking when I see her and Brody stops and asks 'what's wrong'. What do I even say to her 'sorry I haven't made contact I've been busy turning into a werewolf and losing my memory'? I can't do that to her.

"I need to go talk to my grandma, will you please come with me? She needs to meet the man I am going to marry someday." I really need the moral support so I throw in some sad eyes to make him feel guilty.

"Okay but we really need to make it over to my parents as soon as possible. The thing I need to tell them about is time sensitive." We make our way over to my grandma and I hug her.

"Oh my darling, haven't you grown up since the funeral? How are you? You look so pretty oh and who is this handsome man?" She raises her eyebrows and nods to Brody. Jeez, my grandma is such a flirt.

"Hello my name is Brody Bustamante, I am Abrielle's....."

"Boyfriend, he is my boyfriend grandma. I am really surprised you are here. I didn't know you were so involved in the town's politics or charity." I look away from her to Brody and smile as he intertwines our fingers.

"I'm really good grandma, I found a very nice guy who makes me feel special and beautiful. How are you holding up?"

"I'm doing just fine sweetheart, I am so happy you found someone that treats you better than Dylan especially after he found out you were-"

"Um, so grandma what are you doing here?" I try to distract her from the topic she was about to bring up that I have not told Brody about. I have wanted to tell him but I don't want to ruin what we have. I look to Brody to see his reaction to my grandma's words. He looks confused as to what she was going to say but he can't know yet.

"-and that's why I'm here. Why are you still here in Kansas and Mia is here too?" To be honest I did not hear a thing she said. 

"Um, yeah about that... I kind of was attacked while driving back to your house from the funeral. I'm okay now but I'm really glad it happened because that's how I met Brody. His house was nearby and his family helped me out while I healed. Then Brody and I slowly got to know each other and now we are dating. I kind of live with them since dad doesn't care where I am. I go to school here now and Mia is staying temporarily it's just until the day after New Years."

"Well thank you, Brody for helping my granddaughter. Abrielle I think you should come live with me. Now that the house has more room and since the Bustamantes seem to already have you enrolled in school. They also seem to have a new family member coming soon if I'm not wrong." She looks at Brody who is nodding his head and smiling. They are all excited for the new baby, the gender is still unknown they want to keep it a surprise until it is born. 

"Um grandma I would love to come stay with you but I have a thing I have at their house I have to do every day. I will talk to Brody's parents though and see what we can do. I am asking though that you give me a week to pack up and that you are flexible with me being able to come over here." I pause trying to stop myself from getting mad at her expression. She looks like she doesn't want me to be able to come around here often. "I just need to be able to spend time with Brody he is leaving soon and will be gone for a couple of months. Brody please give us a moment I will meet you over by your parents in a couple of minutes."