Chapter 23

March 25

"Baby, wake up. I have donuts for you." I open my eyes to Brody standing next to our bed with a bag of donuts. He leans down and kisses me before hoisting Charlette up on the bed and sitting down himself. I sit up and the blanket falls to my hips revealing my giant round stomach. I am still only 6 months and this baby is small for how big she should be but she is big. "How's our little fighter doing?"

"She's good," I tighten my smile and try to not show pain as I feel a contraction.

"Good, are you okay though?"

"Yup, just a cramp." I smile at him and grab the donuts giving one to Charlette and then grabbing one for myself. "How is the pack doing?"

"Pretty good, they are all asking the moon goddess to protect their future Luna in this time. You know with the cysts and the baby. They just want you to be okay."

"Well, tell them all thank you for me and that their future Alpha may be coming sooner than planned." I say feeling another contraction. Brody sees this time better and starts rubbing my stomach. Dani kicks his hand and then he smiles.

"She seems like she is doing pretty good, why do you think she will come sooner?"

"Oh, I just have a feeling." They are 6 minutes apart and only a few seconds long. I can wait for the hospital.

"Okay, I have a meeting today for an hour or two and then I am going to try and finish up the baby's room."

"Alright, do you think you can drop Char off at daycare for the day?"

"Of course, are you feeling okay though?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why are you asking?" I smile weakly and feel another contraction.

"Baby, what was that? I know it's not just a cramp. You don't get that many cramps in this short of time. In fact you haven't had any sort of cramps for awhile now."

"Brody I'm fine, just go to your meeting and take Char to daycare. I'll call when I need you, I promise."

"Tell me what is wrong and then I'll leave to go do what I need to do." He stands his ground and won't move. I motion him to me and he leans in. I give him a kiss and he deepens it a little more before pulling back. "Brie tell me." He gritted out starting to get angry.

"Brody, you have nothing to worry about. I won't go into active labor until after your meeting..... probably."

"What?! Active labor Brie we should get you to the hospital."

"Brody calm down, you are going to freak out Charlette and I'm okay. Go to your meeting, I can't even go yet. You are supposed to wait until they are 5 or less minutes apart and 45 to 60 seconds long. Mine are 6 minutes apart and like 15 or 20 seconds long."

"Okay, well I'm going to cancel the meeting so I can stay with you."

"Brody go to the damn meeting, nothing is going to happen without you. I certainly don't need you to just sit here until I get close enough to go to the hospital. That's stupid and there is no reason for it."

"I don't want to leave you here by yourself-"

"Brody it's a fucking Saturday. The whole back is at home and there are plenty of people who can take me to the hospital if need be. I will be okay and I'll text you every 5-10 minutes how I am doing if you really want me to." He kneels down next to the bed and holds my hands in his.

"What if these are my last hours with you and I spend them at a meeting. That would kill me baby, I can't do that."

"This meeting is important and you know it. If these are my last hours then so what they will be my last hours knowing that you love me and that you will take care of my sweet baby girls. That you will be a damn good father to them even if one isn't yours. I know you will make the right decisions because I believe in you and trust you. Please-" I wipe some tears of his cheeks and my own. "stop thinking like this. I am not leaving you for a long time, we will graduate and get married and be parents to our two beautiful daughters and maybe more kids in the future. You're stuck with me for the long run Brody Alexandru Bustamante."