Dinah didn't reply so Normani pressed a kiss to the top of her head, letting her lips rest there.

"Mila's scared of me," Dinah whimpered.

"She's not scared of you, D. She was just worried about you and it overwhelmed her. She's your best friend, of course she's not scared of you," Normani told her.

"Lauren's her girlfriend and she's scared of her for some reason," Dinah stated tearfully, causing the two older girl's to share a look because they hadn't expected her to pick up on it.

"That's because I fucked up, not because I'm injured," Lauren shook her head softly. "Trust me, she's not scared of you. I promise you that."

It was about half past two when a doctor came in and said that they had to prepare Dinah for the anaesthetic.

The blonde whimpered the entire time that Normani helped her into a hospital gown, tying her hair into a bun so it could go under the cap.

"Can I stay with her during the procedure?" Normani kept her promise, not surprised in the slightest when the doctor shook his head.

"Sorry, it's not aloud," He said apologetically. "You can lay on the bed now."

"Mani, lay with me," Dinah pleaded, gripping onto Normani's t-shirt.

They eventually settled so Dinah was laid down with her head in Normani's lap, tightly holding Lauren's hand.

"Okay, we're gonna put this mask over your face and count down from ten. Just breathe in when I say the numbers," The doctor instructed, handing the mask to Normani.

The older girl slipped it over her girlfriend's face, stroking her cheek with her thumb. Dinah's eyes were panicked and her body was tense.

"You're safe, you're not gonna get hurt. I've got you," Normani whispered, moving one of her hands down to hold Dinah's.

"I love you," Dinah's voice was croaky and Normani placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I love you more," She reciprocated.

The doctor started the countdown and Dinah was out before he even hit five.

"Is she going to be okay?" Normani asked worriedly, sliding out from under her girlfriend.

"She'll be perfectly fine," The doctor assured her and Normani pressed another kiss on her forehead before more doctors came in and wheeled her away.

"You okay?" Lauren checked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just want to get her home," Normani bounced, shaking her jittery arms.

"She's gonna be okay, she's stronger than we give her credit for. She's been through more shit than any of us, with the exception of Camila," Lauren said and Normani nodded, turning to look at the sleeping brunette.

"Did she tell you why she freaked out earlier?" She questioned.

"Yeah, she said she couldn't be strong anymore," Lauren sighed.

"Because of what's happening?"

"Because I'm a fucking idiot," Lauren corrected. Before Normani could respond her phone vibrated and she frowned because why would anyone be awake at this time. "Oh my fucking god."