-correlation-

ryan's pov

ryan's pov

i sat in my garage in the middle of summer, strumming a new song on my guitar. brendon sat on my lap fiddling with my laptop, then he was smacking my chest.

"babe look!" he yelled and i sat up to see the screen. 'message from petethetreat@aol.com' it read and i almost fainted. "holy fuck!" i said as brendon opened it, "dude he actually wrote you back!" brendon said and spencer looked over from where he laid on the floor.

"shut the fuck up, i'm tanning" he said and i threw my shoe at him. "dude pete fucking  wentz just emailed me!" i said as brendon began reading the email.

"yo! ryan, you got some balls to actually email me but you did and i'm glad. SO you're band is actually not terrible, i dig it and so do the boys. so i'm heading down to las vegas and i expect a nice show to blow my face off.
-pete wentz xx" brendon said and i almost came in my shorts.

"dude! pete wentz" brendon says as he collapsed against me. "yea" i breathed.

***

i walked brendon home and i gave him a quick peck as we stood in front of his house. "so we might get a record deal?" he said as i held him by his hips.

"yup and then the whole world will hear us, see us and love us" i said as he giggled. then he looked serious, deadly serious. "ry you'll still love me even if you're a big rockstar right?" he said and i froze.

"brendon of course i'll still love you. i'll never stop loving you, you're mine remember. forever, til' death do us part. you know it will always be me" i said into his neck as he shivered.

"yeah that's sound just right" he purred and i smirked.

***

i entered my house and smelled stale vodka. i turned a corner and saw my dad laying on the floor, he was out cold, "so pete wentz emailed me, you know that emo guy i showed you" i said.

i knew he couldn't hear me and i knew he didn't care but i still talked to him. "we might get a record deal, i might make it" i said and my dad simply snored.

"good talk" i mumbled before walking up the stairs.

***

"i'm freaking out here" brendon said as we set up. pete minutes away, "baby you'll be fine" i soothed as i placed my hands on his waist.

"ry what if i fuck up the lyrics or trip and die" he rambled and i kissed his moving lips. "b you'll do perfect as always and we'll blow his fucking face off, k?" i said and he nodded.

his trembling fingers cupping my face as i kissed his forehead and smiled.

soon enough the door opened and pete waltzed right through. he smiled at us all and eagerly shook our hands, "so just play me some tunes guys and i'll see what you got. but just so you know i drove  four hours to be here so don't disappoint me" he said as he sat on the recliner.

i gulped and stood on our raised stage, nodding my head as spencer banged out the beginning of london beckoned.

***

"least favorite things!!!" brendon belted as we finished our last song for pete. he sat, stiff and mouth agape.

i felt the dread seep into my bones and i twitched uncomfortablely. then he was clapping, the brash noise penetrating the silence.

  "fuck yes!" i love it"he said and i sighed in relief.

"you guys are just fucking amazing" he said as he pulled out a a piece of paper from his leather jacket.

"alright so if you guys are interested....sign on the dotted line?" he said and i gladly took his skeleton themed pen and wrote out my swift, looping signature. followed by an ecstatic brendon and spencer.

then last and least was brent.

"so let's get out of here boys" pete said and we all cheered as he lead us out and towards his sports car.

***

we all sat v.i.p at some swank club on the strip. brent off with some two cent whore and spencer chatting up a funny, beautiful girl by the bar.

i sat next to brendon and pete sat across from us. he was relaxed and unfazed by the hordes of women throwing themselves at him.

then my blood boiled, "hey cutie" a drunk slut purred as she looped her arms around my narrow shoulders. 

her nails scraping on my exposed collarbone.  they were jutting out since i opted to wear one of my flannels that brendon enjoyed tugging to get my attention.

"please go away" i said as i sipped on my iced water. i then snorted as she huffed, walking away.

"wow" pete said, raising his vodka bottle to his lips. "don't worry ry, when we get you out of here and up in venues you'll have every pick on any girl" pete said proudly and i bit my lip as brendon went pink.

"um about that" i said and pete hummed. "i'm kinda tied down you know, high school sweetheart" i said as i grabbed brendon's hand under the table.

"huh figures with a cutie like you. is she pretty?" pete asked and i turned to face him. "he's absolutely gorgeous" i said and brendon ducked his head to hide his blush.

"oh....OH" pete said and i looked at him. "is there a problem?" i said and pete looked at us and smiled.

"not at all"