40 | kwami gone rogue

This chapter is really short and I'm sorry about that. It's also a pretty sad chapter which I'm also sorry about. Ya know what? I kinda have to apologize for this whole book bcuz feelings are spilled everywhere😂
_______________________________

No one's POV

"What do you think you're doing, Mari?" Tikki asked her, a worried tone of fear laced in her voice. Marinette scowled at her question, not because she was upset with her kwami, but because Chat Noir had once again made the ravenette's mind boil.

"I can't believe him!" Marinette growled as she tried to pull her old bike out from the alley next to her house. When was the last time I rode this bike? Who knows; but I was not about to get to my destination as Ladybug if he was going to be there. "Why? Why me?! Why must he keep doing this to me?!"

I knew it. I knew he had to be behind this somehow. But, I didn't want to believe it. I wanted to believe that he wasn't a part of it.

Oh, how wrong I was.

"There might be something you're missing here," Tikki tried to reason with all the cons. "Maybe he's trying to tell you something?"

She scoffed at that idea. "You could be right, Tikki, he may just be trying to tell me how much he hates me. I haven't gotten that impression yet."

Her sarcasm made Tikki scoff right back at her. "Mairnette, you can't just assume he hates you."

"Why not?" The ravenette snapped, almost letting go of the handlebars that was keeping her bike in straight up position. "Out of everything that happened, you don't think Adrien hates me?"

"Out of this whole thing, I've tried to be on your side and make you feel better, but it's time to face the facts!" Tikki snapped right back, coming face-to-face with her holder. "Adrien Agreste was never obligated to love you! You can't force someone to love you just because you adore them! You're acting as if your whole word is ruined just because he didn't return your feelings. Isn't that why they call it a crush in the first place?"

Marientte froze, her anger immediately fading upon hearing Tikki's words. The ravenette never thought that this would be coming from her kwami. The one that was supposed to comfort her was doing the complete opposite.

"You know, Tikki, out of all people, I thought you would understand," Mairnette murmured, "I thought you would understand what it feels like to make someone your entire world, to only have them crush it in the end."

"So, were you just giving me sympathy this whole time?" The ravenette jumped right into it before her kwami could respond. "This whole time, you thought I was acting like a child because I was rejected by the one I loved? The one I still love? Even after everything he has done and continues to do to me..."

Tikki was silent at that, and that made Mairnette even more angry. Stepping away from the floating kwami, Marientte added, "If you think that I am at fault for everything that's happened, then I don't need you to come with me."

"Mari–what–I—" Tikki tried to stop her holder from leaving, but Marinette adjusted her small backpack that was steeped onto her shoulders before climbing onto her bike. "Please, don't take what I said the wrong way. That's not what I meant! I just..."

Mairnette turned her head back to look at her pleading kwami, an emotionless expression written all over her face. Tikki immediately tried to read her expression, but quickly gave up when Mairnette said, "You meant every word you said and you know it." And before Tikki could protest, Mairnette gripped her handlebars tightly and peddled her bike away, leaving the sad kwami all alone.

_______________________________

Dang, how depressing.

I dunno who's side I'm on tbh. I mean, Tikki has a point but if I was in Marinette's shoes, I'd be pretty upset if the guy I devoted my life to said he didn't like me.

Ladies, this is why we don't devote all our time and energy to a boy.

Thoughts?

Also,
On my way back home from this vacation. It's a long drive, twelve hours to be exact, so I thought, why not write a chapter since I got nothing else to do?

Vote?
Comment?
Share?

If you would like to give or support me financially, please head over to my Cash App to donate!

(All letters are lowercase)

Remember, no amount is too small! Any amount that is given will be an immense blessing!

Thanks!