20 | gotcha lady luck

Adrien's POV

Great. Nino's been hit and now Alya! Looks like I would have to do this on my own. I stood up confident, clenching my fists, as I faced Lady Luck.

She smirked at me. "It's your turn, sunshine."

I looked at her angrily, but then my anger suddenly faded. Why was I even mad at her? There was no reason for me to be angry. I wasn't the one who got my feelings hurt. I looked back at Lady Luck, who was waiting for me to make my next move. I unclenched my fists and I offered her a soft smile instead. I had a better idea in fixing this; fighting was not going to fix anything.

"What are you doing?" Lady Luck asked angrily, when she noticed my warm smile, tilting her head in confusion as she gritted her teeth. "Fight!"

I simply grinned.

"I have a better idea." I began to approach her slowly and camly.

Her face changed from her angry to worried in an instant, and she began to back away from me again. She stayed quiet, not saying a word until her back touched the wall behind her. Lady Luck looked up at me, almost as if she was scared and completely unsure of what else to do. I approached her all the way and leaned my face close to hers, our noses inches apart. I smiled at her lovingly; this girl. No matter who she was... I realized that I had fallen for Marinette Dupain-Cheng. And for me to have tried and 'choose' between the two girls, was a fool's idea. And I had to admit... I loved Marinette... whether she was Ladybug or not. I loved both sides of her.

"Um... w-what... ar-re... y-ou... doi-ing?" She stuttered out, breaking the silence. Wait... she stuttered? Even as a villain she stuttered.

I chuckled at the thought and smiled.

Without even answering her question, I closed the gap between us and kissed her. Lady Luck froze, her eyes widening, but... she didn't kiss back. I didn't expect a kiss back, though. All I wanted to do was show her that I cared. Even if she wouldn't remember.

Then all of a sudden, a bright light flashed around her body and my eyes squinted as I saw the akuma fly out of... her...? Her heart? She had a broken heart. Then a small, red, ladybug flew out of Lady Luck's earrings. I quickly released the kiss and backed away from Marinette so that I could catch the kwami in my hands. She landed in my palms, exhausted and worn out.

She looked up at me and wearily smiled, "Adrien?"

I smiled back and she lifted her little head to look around. Then, I watched as she began to glow, bright red, and she sent the ladybugs to fix the damage and cleanse the akuma. I watched as they swarmed around Alya and Nino, getting rid of their pain. Once everything was fixed, the kwami's glow faded and she plopped back down in my hands, exhausted. I looked around the room ecstatic. Wait... what? How?

"How did you...?" I began, utterly confused as to how everything had just been cleansed. Ladybug's lucky charm was the only thing that had that ability, so how was this little bug able to do the same?

The kwami just giggled, peeking one of her big eyes open to look up at me. "I have that ability."

I smiled, nodding in understanding, until I noticed Lady Luck. She was no longer a villain, and had been reverted back to Marinette. The ravenette lay on the ground as she held her head in her hands... probably from an oncoming headache. She then slowly looked up, taking in her surroundings.

"Where am I?" She mumbled, "What am I doing here?" She let her eyes roam around the room until they landed on me. She frowned at the sight of me. "What are you doing here?

I sighed. Yep, she was still angry with me.

"This is my room." I replied, emphasizing the 'my' part.

She rolled her eyes. "Well then, why am I in it?" She shot back, slightly annoyed until her eyes landed on the cute kwami cupped in my hands. Her eyes widened, "What are you doing with that?!" She squeaked, pointing at the kwami.

Did she seriously call her kwami a... that?

"Sorry," I opened my hands a bit more, not really having an excuse as to why I was holding her kwami, and the small ladybug floated slowly and wearily over to her owner. Marinette took her into her hands quickly and placed her in her purse. Once the kwami was carefully placed inside, Marinette shot me a unamused look before she stood to her feet, and made her way to my bedroom door. Did she not even notice Nino and Alya on the floor?

"See you around." She murmured, not even looking at me as she opened the door and shut it behind her. I sighed as I began to rub my face with my hands. I had to fix this. I loved that girl—now I knew that for sure—and I wasn't going to let her get away this time.

I was so busy thinking, I didn't even notice Alya and Nino standing to their feet. When they reached me, I felt a punch on my shoulder. I jumped back and whipped my head around, rubbing my shoulder as I frowned.

"Really?" I frowned at the brunette boy who was smirking at me. "What did you do that for?"

Nino continued to smirk. "So, you decided to kiss the super villain?"

I involuntarily blushed, and Alya and Nino both burst into laughter.

"Hey! That's not funny!" I whined.

"You really don't make any sense." Alya laughed, "You said you didn't like Marinette, but now you do?"

I chuckled, only because they were laughing. "It's complicated."

"Well..." Nino calmed down, wiping a tear of laughter from his eye. "The girl is still mad at you so apparently saving her life wasn't good enough. What are you going to do now?"

I tapped my chin in thought until I literally felt a lightbulb turn on above my head. I had a perfect idea. I began to smirk as I made eye contact with my two friends again, who exchanged looks with each other before looking at me questionably.

"I have an idea."

_______________________________

It might be best if you just stop having ideas Adrien. They never turn out well.

Vote?
Comment?
Share?

Vote?Comment?Share?