27 | the truth will always bounce back

Marinette's POV

I walked down the sidewalk humming a happy tune to myself. Ever since Chat Noir had been showing up at my house, buying gifts for me, and even kissing me... once... but still, I was feeling a whole lot better about myself. I hardly ever thought about Adrien anymore, and if I did, it didn't pull me down into a pit of misery like it used to. I had somehow come to accept it. Before, I would think less of myself, thinking I would never be good enough for him— that I was worthless, unworthy, and too low for his standards. But now, I had a whole new light. I had a reason to smile again. And it was all because of Chat Noir.

"Marinette!" I heard a voice call out, and it sounded just like my best friend, Alya. I looked over in the direction where I heard my name being called, only to see none other than Alya herself running in my direction.

"Hey girl! What's up?" I asked once she reached me. She panted from running as she rested her hands on her knees.

"You... will... not... believe... what... happened... yesterday..." Alya breathed out in heavy pants.

I patted her back. "Calm down. What exactly happened?"

She stood up straight after catching her breath and grinned, "After you left yesterday, I was walking home, and Adrien—"

"Wait... what!" I interrupted her once I heard the blonde's name. Crossing my arms, I pointed my nose up into the air. "No way. I don't want to hear it if it's about Adrien."

"But Mari," Alya pleaded, "Please?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, letting my gaze land on her pleading face. "Adrien is the last thing I want to talk about."

"I swear it's the most hilarious thing you'll ever hear!" Alya continued, batting her eyelashes as she tried to sound convincing. "After that, I won't say Adrien's name again, I promise."

I signed heavily in defeat, letting her win. There was no way I was getting out of this one. "Oh, alright, what is it?"

She grinned again, happy that I let her win. "Thanks girl! You won't regret your decision!"

"I hope not," I murmured, but she clearly heard me.

Punching me lightly on the shoulder, she grinned before continuing. "So, as I was saying... I was walking home yesterday and Adrien approached me asking me what your favorite color was... well actually he asked me if it was pink, and I said yes—"

"Why?" I questioned, my eyebrows knitting in confusion as to why Adrien—out of all people—would be interested in knowing what my favorite color was.

Alya just shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. So, anyway, I told him, yes, it was, and he was like, 'So that magazine seemed to really make you guys laugh. What was so interesting about it?' Or something like that, I can't exactly remember every single word he said—"

"Yeah yeah, Alya I get it." I urged her, trying to speed things along because she was such a rambler. I guess that was one of the many things we had in common. "Just tell me what happened next."

She cleared her throat. "I told him it was a sale at our favorite store and he said, 'Sounds like clothing'. And I was like, 'Yeah its in that category...'

"Alya... can you just cut to the point?" I groaned, slightly in a rush to get to my next destination.

"Well," Alya almost burst out laughing as she said, "He asked me what kind of clothing, and I told him what kind, and then he asked me what size I was, and I said 'don't tell me you're gonna buy me a bra—"

"Wait what!?" I almost choked on my saliva. "He asked you what size bra you were?!"

"I know right! Isn't that weird?"

"Uh... yeah!" I replied, flabbergasted at this new information. "Why would Adrien ask for your bra size...? Let alone dare to ask? That's so rude!"

"I don't know."

"And you actually gave him your size?"

Alya smiled sheepishly.

"ALYA!"

The brunette shrugged her shoulders and brought her fingers up to rub her chin in thought. "Whatever. It's not like Adrien will go exploit my small size. The point is: it's almost as if he was trying to get a gift for someone... specifically, I don't know, maybe... you?"

"Me!?" I almost choked again. "No way! I think you're forgetting that Adrien doesn't like me like that. There's no way he would ever buy me something! Especially something like that! Be reasonable."

"You never know. We are the same size." Alya smirked, nudging my shoulder as I shot her a playful glare. "But hey, that was the oddest thing that happened to me yesterday. I knew I just had to tell you!"

"What did you say when he asked you?" I questioned, still not being able to believe that a boy had dared to ask for such sacred information. "Did you actually give him your size? Like for real?"

"Should I not have?" Alya's nodded, though her smile slightly faded. "I think he was trying to get a gift for someone, Mari. I couldn't just reject him."

"Yes you could've," I argued, crossing my arms, "And good for him, Chloé will love her new bra."

Alya shook her head, frowning slightly at my coldness. "Are you kidding? Chloé is way bigger than you and I. So much bigger that she could be blinded by her own tatas. Plus, we all know Adrien doesn't like Chloé."

I scoffed, completely disagreeing with that last statement. He probably did like her. I mean, what's not to like? She's rich, beautiful, blonde, popular... why wouldn't Adrien fall for someone like her?

"I think the gift..." Alya spoke after a moment of silence, resting her hand on my shoulder. "Was for you."

I blinked at her in complete disbelief. There was no way the gift could be for me. Adrien told me he had feelings for someone else. Why would he want to spend money on me?

But this whole situation got me to think. Adrien asked Alya what my favorite color was. Then, he was suddenly interested in the magazine that we were reading. And on top of that, he wanted to know Alya's bra size!? What was going inside of that dummy's head when he decided to ask that queston?! The nerve of that blonde idiot.

Then all of a sudden, a switch was flicked in my head, and my eyes widened in realization; there was no way...

"Well princess, I have my ways."

_______________________________

Hehe Adrien, you are busted you idiot.

Vote?
Comment?
Share?

Vote?Comment?Share?