12 | deal or no deal

Adrien's POV

"Marinette!?" I cried out, clenching my fists out of pure fury at the sight. There, before me floating in the sky, was Marinette herself, completely under Hawkmoth's control.

Oh no.

This was all my fault.

She just chuckled evilly at me. "Fool! My name is no longer Marinette! I am Lady Luck!"

I literally just wanted to cry at what was happening before me.

I really was a fool.

Was this really all my fault?

Was I the cause of her akumatization?

I immediatly snapped out of my thoughts when my 'partner' landed on the ground in front of me. It didn't take long for her eyes to lock on the object clutched right in my palm. And something suddenly clicked inside of my head.

Her wallet.

"My wallet!" Her eyes averted back to mine. "Where did you get that?"

I gulped, unsure of what her reaction would be if she knew Chloé had possessed the wallet only minutes ago. Or maybe she already knew. "C-Chl-loè..."

Wait what?!

Why was I so afraid?

I never stuttered.

"Chloé," She spat, muttering the name as if what she was spatting out was poison. Her eyes made their glances between my irises and the object I held before she locked her gaze back on my eyes. "I hate that blonde brat!"

"Don't we all." I just couldn't help but mumble to myself, still keeping my eyes locked with hers.

And thank the gods she hadn't heard me either. "You want this back?" I decided to ask delicately, extending my arm out towards her with the wallet in hand.

Maybe she was mad because of the wallet?

Yeah, that's it.

Chloé must have been the cause after all.

"No," she replied sternly and almost instantly. "I didn't come for that."

I let my hand dangle back to my side.

Then what exactly did she want?

If Chloé took this from her— which I'm one hundred percent sure she did at this point— what else would she come back for?

"Then, what exactly did you come for?" I dared to ask, completely oblivious to whatever plan she had up her sleeve.

All of a sudden, a smirk formed over her pretty, little lips, and I could practically see an evil glow sparkle in her eyes. "I came for you of course. You are Adrien Agreste, no?"

My eyes widened slightly, but I nodded nonetheless, chuckling nervously. "Y-Yeah. That's me."

"That's what I thought." She smiled almost evilly as she began to walk closer to me. I backed away slightly as she approached, knowing that even if I tried to run, there was no way I could escape. And there was no way I could transform, either. Not unless I wanted Hawkmoth to know who I truly was.

"Where do you think you're going?" She asked almost innocently, seeming to be a little annoyed that I was stepping farther away from her. "You're not leaving anytime soon."

"Maybe we can work something out..." I raised my hands up to defend myself as I continued to back away, the wallet still clutched tightly in my grasp. "Like a deal or something?"

My suggestion must of caught her attention, because she suddenly froze in her place. One moment, she looked as if she wanted to end my life, and in the next, she was smirking devilishly at me. So, I suppose her expression hadn't changed much. "A deal?" Intrigued, she raised a brow, seemingly interested in my suggestion.

"Yeah exactly! A deal." A grin spread across my face. Maybe this could work in my favor after all.

"What kind of deal?" She questioned.

It was my turn to smirk.

Do I have a plan? No, not really. "If you let me go... I might be able to get you Chat Noir's miraculous."

I almost gasped at what I had just offered. Although I would never in any circumstances give up my own miraculous, using it as bait was a really risky deal.

She stared at me with wide eyes at the mention of Chat Noir's miraculous. I suppose she hadn't expected such an offer, and to be completely honest, I would've never thought I'd be offering such a thing. But only seconds after I had offered to give her one of the two things she was destined to acquire, I saw the purple moth shape reappear across her face.

Hawkmoth must be speaking to her.

Marinette seemed to be thinking awfully hard as she finally met my eyes again, and as Hawkmoth's symbol disappeared, she asked, "Is that so?" Her smirk was gone, but her curiosity remained. "And how would you be able to complete such a task?"

Because I'm him. "He's my friend," I lied, well, not entirely. "I could get his ring for you."

Could I really?

What was I even getting myself into?

She still looked at me unsure, but now, a slight smirk playing on her lips once again. "You would betray your own friend's trust?" She asked.

"For my safe passage?" I questioned as if it was an obvious answer. "Yes."

Wow, that sounded so selfish.

She continued to stare at me while she thought. "Very well," she spoke, "I will accept your 'deal', but as you know... if the deal is broken, so is your safety."

And with that she rose up into the sky and hovered above me. "You have three days!" She shouted, holding up three fingers. "Don't keep me me waiting!"

_______________________________

Good luck Adrien!

You're gonna need it xD

Is it just me or do all my chapters seem a little short? Edit from older self: yes they are freakin short

Vote?
Comment?
Share?

Vote?Comment?Share?