28 | liars don't gain trust

Marinette's POV

I sat on my chaise that night, my hands in my lap as I stared at nothing. There were no words to express what I felt right now. Anger, sadness, played with, used?

I felt so stupid.

He was using me... just using me.
What kind of person would have a heart like that? I felt so... happy, different, alive when he came around. And now? Now I just felt used.

Adrien... he's Chat Noir.
Chat Noir... he's Adrien.

After figuring that out the hard way, processing this information was not so easy to do at 10:30 at night. Why would Adrien do something like this to me? He already hurt me once; did he find joy in hurting me multiple times?

Was he having the time of his life?

He lied.

He used me.

Was this some kind of joke to him?

There was no way he was going to get the thrill of hurting me again this time. I knew that Chat Noir would most likely show up tonight, and I was waiting patiently for his arrival.

Just then, as if I had jinxed myself, I heard multiple, light taps on my window. I knew he had finally arrived, but did he really deserved to be let in? I sighed. No matter how much I never wanted him to set foot in here again, I knew I had to let him in. I was going to confront him about everything.

I stood up and climbed up the ladder that led to my bed, so that I could unlock the small window. Once I opened it, I saw that stupid cat sitting there with a wide grin spread across his lips. I felt the urge to slap it off of him, but I held myself back. Violence wouldn't solve anything. I didn't even bother to greet him, instead climbing back down my ladder silently. I heared him close the window behind him as he entered my room. By the time he climbed down the steps, I was already sitting back on my chaise.

"Sorry its late." He apologized, standing in front of me... not too close. "I meant to come a little earlier, I just got a bit distracted today."

I didn't answer him. I just sat there thinking of what I should say to him first. What should I say first?

He didn't seem to notice my behavior quite yet, because he brought on the teasing right away. "Are you wearing the bra yet? I bet it's the best one you've ever warn. Ten points to the incredible Chat Noir."

He flattered himself like he was a god, and it made me grow even more angry.

"Umm, Mari?" He finally noticed my concentration, my silence, and the tension that filled the room as I thought heavily, and I could hear the shakiness and uncertainty in his voice as he asked, "Are you okay?"

"No," I answered flatly, and I finally raised my head to loo up at him, only to find his worried emerald, green eyes staring back at me. "We need to talk, Chat Noir."

I swear I heard him gulp as he shifted a little. He gestured to the empty space beside her on her chaise. "Do you want me to—"

"Stay there." I instructed, interrupting him. What was I doing? How was I gonna do this?

"Okay?" He gave me a questionable look, but he didn't move from where he stood. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

What did I want to talk about? Everything! I wanted to know why he rejected me in his civilian form. I wanted to know why he was visiting me as Chat Noir. I wanted to know why he took me out, why he KISSED me if he didn't like me back. I wanted to know why he was messing around with my feelings. I wanted to know what he got out of all of this. Without even thinking, my brain stopped trying to decide what to say first... and I blurted out the first thing that hurt me the most, "You lied."