06 | adrien, apologize

No one's POV

Adrien quietly entered the classroom as the teacher was turned facing the chalk board. He was late. For the first time in history, Adrien Agreste was late for class, and if his father ever found out, he'd be pulled out immediately. Just as Ms. Bustier turned her attention back to the class, Adrien had taken his seat beside Nino, hoping and praying the teacher hadn't noticed his tardiness.

However, she did, and wasn't hesitant to make it noticeable to the whole class.

"Ah Adrien, what a surprise." Ms. Bustier spoke, narrowing a brow somewhat slightly. "Late I see?"

"I apologize, Ms." Adrien unsurely replied, remembering to politely respond. The woman did not smile, but she did nod. Because Adrien was never late to class, she let it slide.

"Apology accepted. Let's not let this happen again, Adrien. Understood?"

"Yes ma'am," Adrien answered. Averting her attention back to the board, Ms. Bustier reeled back into the lesson at hand, briefly recovering over the points she had made in the lecture once more. Once her attention was off of the class, Nino nudged the blonde's shoulder.

"How was your weekend?" He asked in a hushed tone.

Adrien shrugged his shoulders. "Okay I guess." Though, most of his weekend had been just him and his thoughts, not to mention Plagg's obsession with the cheese weekly magazines. "Just had a lot on my mind."

Nino had a serious look on his face. "I hope whatever has been on your mind lately has to do with your apology for Marinette." He said before jerking a thumb behind him. Turning to see what his friend was pointing at, Adrien turned his head and unintentionally locked eyes with the girl herself.

When their eyes connected, he offered her a small, heartfelt smile. But Marinette pouted, and her lips fell into a slight frown, and he watched her avert her eyes away from him. Her eyes found her sketch book to be more interesting, and he watched as she picked up her pencil to distract herself with doodling. Adrien's smile fell as he turned back around to face the board.

He didn't blame her for being mad.

"Yeah, I have been thinking about that." The blonde whispered back to his friend. "I already tried apologizing before, but she blew me off."

Nino silently chuckled as the teacher continued to write on the board. "Of course she blew you off, she's upset. It's not like you can just walk up to her and say, 'Hey, sorry for not accepting your feelings... best friends again?' You gotta make it up to her somehow."

Hmmmm, well, Adrien didn't think that was such an awful idea. "How?" The curious blonde asked.

Nino shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know man, that's for you to find out. You got yourself in this mess, now you gotta find a way out of it." He said before turning his attention back to the lesson.

_______________

Adrien finished packing the rest of his books in his locker. Throughout the entire day, he'd done nothing but try to get Marinette's attention. But every time he approached her, she found a way to evade him. He couldn't blame her for being angry with him, but could she at least give him a chance to explain himself?

Adrien sighed heavily before he swung his backpack over his shoulder and made his way outside. When the blonde made it to the top of the steps exiting the large building, his eyes immediately caught sight of a big group of kids all in a giant circle at the bottom of the steps.

He heard laughing and, yelling? He was afraid of what the yelling could be about. Adrien hastily made his way to the circle, frowning when the chaos only grew louder. Squeezing himself through the crowds of students, Adrien suddenly became clearly aware of what was going on, and once he was able to see what the commotion was all about, he grew angry by the minute.