18 | operation plan b

Adrien's POV

What the heck is taking so long?!

Nino texted me twenty minutes ago telling me that he was on his way. What the heck?! I mean, it's not like I didn't mind Marinette in the same room with me... but having her akumatized just chilling out on my couch was... odd, very odd, especially when she seemed so calm and normal. If it wasn't for her black with red polka dotted costume, I would have actually believed it she was fine.

Was she waiting for something?

"What exactly can I call you by?" I questioned, trying to break the silence and make things less awkward as I can. Even though I already knew her name, I was really just trying to keep things 'normal' until my plan B got here.

"Lady Luck." She answered without hesitation.

"I think I like Marinette better." I smiled, and in all honesty, I meant it.

She growled, "Marinette is no longer my name."

I knew Marinette was still in there, and I really had to try and get her out. "I really do, you know."

She turned to look at me, but her face looked... emotionless. "No you don't." Then she stood up, and I watched her carefully. "I hate it when people lie."

I raised an eyebrow in confusion. I wasn't lying. "But I do—"

"How about you do me a favor?" She snarled, interrupting me. "And shut up."

"But—" I tried to protest.

"But what!?" She questioned loudly, interrupting me again. I flinched a bit at her sudden outburst. "You're just like every other guy I've ever met: a stupid, immature, jerk!"

A jerk I was. Stupid I was for sure. How could I be so blinded by the fact that all this time, I've actually liked Marinette? And I rejected her because her alter-ego was the one who blinded me?

This seemed so unreal.

"You're right," I murmured after a moment of silence and she looked up at me. "I am a jerk... and I'm definitely stupid. I'm also an idiot for rejecting you... and I'm sorry."

An evil, angry, look appeared back on her face. "Too bad, so sad."

I sighed, because I knew the worse was yet to come. I looked up at her as she held her hand up into the air, a ball of black magic formed in her palm, and she clenched her fist around it. She turned her body towards me, keeping her fist clenched. "Apology not accepted. Get ready to feel the pain I feel."

I shut my eyes in fear, squeezing them shut as I anticipated the blow. What was I expecting to feel? Emotional or maybe physical pain? But after about five seconds of anticipating the worst, I felt... nothing? Huh? I finally opened my eyes, and when I did, a brunette boy stood in front of me with a metal tray. A metal tray? What the what!? He used a metal serving platter to shield us? Seriously?

"You're plan B has arrived." Nino smirked, and I just simply smiled. Boy was I glad to see him.

_______________________________

Vote?
Comment?
Share?

Vote?Comment?Share?