33 | clue #3

Congrats to the majority of you who guessed Max. I guess my riddles aren't that bad ':D
_______________________________

Marinette's POV

The game fool; the game fool?

The only person that I could guess could be the game 'fool' would have to be Max. He was a video game nerd... it had to be him! I just knew it!

I remembered a while back when Kim had given me directions to Max's house, after I had bought a special video game for his birthday. I had needed it to deliver it to his house.

Thank goodness I remembered where he lived.

I quickly walked up to the steps to his house and made no hesitation to ring the doorbell. If I was right about Max being the game nerd, then hopefully he would be able to give me some answers.

After a couple of seconds, the door clicked opened, revealing exactly who I was looking for. His eyes widened slightly at the sight of me. "Marinette! What a surprise!"

"Did you write this?" I asked, getting straight to the point as to why I was here, and I pulled the piece of paper out from my back pocket.

He smiled, taking it from my hand to get a better look at it before shaking his head. "Sorry, but no."

"Do you by any chance know what these are for?" I questioned, slightly annoyed with all the mystery. "Or what this plastic letter is for?"

I pulled out the plastic letter which was also in my back pocket. He narrowed his eyes at it to also get a better look at it, before he shook his head once again.

"Um no..." He answered before he reached into his own back pocket, pulling out another envelope.

"Here's your next clue."

What? Another one? You've got to be kidding me! What us up with all this suspiciousness? How did none of these people know where these were coming from?!

I took the envelope from his hands and he just fixed his glasses.

I stared at him in disbelief, as if I expected him to have some kind of an answer or something other than just the envelope.

"Well, good luck!"

Sadly, I was very mistaken.

"See ya," He finished before immediately shutting the door right in my face.

I looked down at the envelope in my hands before I groaned, "Ugh, this is so annoying! What are these even for?"

My patience was running out for this letter-writing freak. Whoever this person is was definitely enjoying the fact of how oblivious I was.

Tikki just giggled as she poked her head out of the my purse. "Don't stress Marinette, just roll with it. You never know... it could be a secret admirer~"

I groaned at that thought. I really hope not. The last thing I need is another crush.

I sighed as I began to walk away, fiddling to get the envelope open. When I did, inside laid a key, the letter R, and another letter. I opened it...

Clue three already? This must be a piece of cake. But what can this key be used for to crack open the case?

My eyes gazed down to the riddle below.

Who is the one who fiddles behind you?
She cowers; She hides; But to whom does she cry to?
Purple and black are laced on her shoes...
And she holds your treasure your key unlocks through.

Who am I?

"God, what is up with these riddles?" I murmured to myself and Tikki popped up again giggling.

"I don't know Mari but I really want to know what this key unlocks, so let's go!"

_______________________________

Who is she?
Can you guess who?
I'm sorry that all of these are pretty short.

Vote?
Comment?
Share?

If you would like to give or support me financially, please head over to my Cash App to donate!

(All letters are lowercase)

Remember, no amount is too small! Any amount that is given will be an immense blessing!

Thanks!