35 | clue #5

If you didn't guess Rose, then I don't know what to tell you. That was literally the easiest one yet ,:)

_______________________________

Marinette's POV

'Only love can conquer hate'

I remembered that quote as if I had heard it yesterday. This riddle must be talking about Rose. I remember the day she quoted it; Valentine's day to be exact.

I can be such a klutz, I have to admit. After going to my contact list to ring Rose for directions to her house, I had accidentally clicked on the delete button, deleting all of Rose's contact info.

"Wow Marinette, real smooth." Tikki had giggled, causing me to scoff right back at her.

So, after knocking back on Juleka's door asking for directions to where Rose lived, I arrived at a small, yet elegant house. I knocked on the door softly, and no later than five seconds was the door opened by the girl dressed in pink.

"Oh, Marinette! You're here!" She exclaimed.

I smiled warmly back at her and held out the letter to her. "You didn't by any chance write this, did you?"

"Nope!" She stated so... cheerfully. Why was she always so cheerful?

The that's when I noticed that she had pulled out another envelope.

Another freakin envelope.

"Here, you'll want your next clue." She smiled.

"Another one?" I questioned, taking the envelope from her hands.

"Yeah..." Rose trailed off. "Well, see you Monday!" And with that she immediately shut the door, leaving me to fend for myself outside.

This was starting to seem weird. None of these people knew where these notes were coming from? Didn't that sound a little bit off...? I opened the envelope nonetheless, and inside was a map, the letter S, and a note. Of course.

You're getting so close.
Get ready for the most.
You never know, you might meet a ghost ;)

"Yeah right..." I muttered as I continued down to the riddle. This person seemed to have a sense of humor up his sleeve. A ghost? Seriously? What kind of a fool did he take me for? Even the stupid personal notes rhymed.

Follow the map and you shall see.
What lies in place for thee.
And on that X lies the spot.
Don't forget the landmarks, they're the dots.

I looked down at the map again and noticed the dots that the riddle was talking about were all scattered across the map.

Well... ten dots, I had counted. Ten places to go to...? Darn it, seriously?

You've got to be kidding me.

"So... this lunatic wants me to walk around Paris, stopping at landmarks because he feels I should get more exercise?" I asked more to myself, clearly annoyed that someone was having me do all this work.

Tikki popped her head out again, giggling before she replied, "Is exercise necessarily a bad thing?"

I couldn't help but scoff playfully at that. "Ladybug gets plenty of exercise."

_______________________________

Sorry guys, this is a really short chapter and it's disappointing.

Vote?
Comment?
Share?

If you would like to give or support me financially, please head over to my Cash App to donate!

(All letters are lowercase)

Remember, no amount is too small! Any amount that is given will be an immense blessing!

Thanks!