22- Super-duper hard to control hormones

Start from the beginning

My eyes scanned the small but comfortable house which had a basic creamy brown wall colour to it along with a white leather couch and TV placed nicely besides the front door. There was an open plan kitchen and dining room which held a nice looking dining table that fit 8 people behind the lounge room. To the right of me there was a staircase that leads to upstairs and opposite from me was a backdoor that leads onto a patio.

“Follow me to your room” Dad smiled and made his way up the stairs with a box of mine in his arms. His smile showed me that he had either forgotten the bickering in the car or that he no longer cared; I was going to pick the later one because I doubt he has short term memory loss from anything yet.

I trudged up the stairs and followed dad to a room that was just past the open spaced lounge room for upstairs. I walked into my new room and it was completely and utterly plain and to be honest, a little boring. All that was in there was a single bed along with a wardrobe. There was also a few boxes in the corner but besides from that, nothing more, nothing less. I was defiantly going to have to do some work on it.

“Well this is your room. Sorry it doesn’t have much to it.” Dad chuckled then put my bag down and left the room. I went and sat on the bed, getting lost in my thoughts of Kolton, Scar, Damien, and even Mike. I had to face the cold hard truth which is that I got lucky when I beat him at the alley. I was prepared, we didn’t have weapons- even though I could do great things with my knife- and it was only one on one. It seems amusing that I even won against him.

As I was consumed in my thoughts I hadn’t heard the knock that came against me door so it came as a shock to me when 2 large hands came over my shoulders. I instantly reacted in a defensive manor and grabbed their wrists so that it wouldn’t hurt but they couldn’t get out, even if they tried.

“Ash, it’s just me!” I heard Kolton say loudly through a slightly panicked voice because he knew I could break his wrists if I tried. I looked up at him with a little bit of alarmed but then realised it was him and let go of his wrists.

“Don’t scare me like that.” I said sternly and looked up at him with a blank and slightly disapproving face. It doesn’t really surprise me that he did do that and I should have probably been prepared knowing Kolton.

“Awe but that ruins the fun in scaring you.” He teased and looked down at me amused.

“So what did you want?” I said casually sitting down on my bed. Looking up to him I realised he looked sightly uncomfortable and I couldn’t help but laugh at that.

“Awe, you look like a little kid that just got caught raiding the cookie jar.” I tease him and then pat the bed next to me to silently tell him to come and sit down.

“You sure your dads ok with me, in here?” Kolton asks a little shocked and taken back.

“Why wouldn’t he? He likes you and it’s not like I haven’t had a boyfriend before.” I shrugged and lay down on the bed with my hands behind my head. I looked over at Kolton and just how caught he looked made me giggle, yes, I said giggle. I know you’re thinking what the hell is wrong with me and to be honest, I am asking myself the same thing. One minute I don’t give a shit about anyone or anything then boom, Kolton Scomparsa makes me giggle like a little twelve year old girl meeting her favourite boy band member.

“Well if you’re going to laugh at me then I should make a reason for you to laugh.” He grinned evilly at me and my smile dropped instantly. What the hell was he going to do, because knowing Kolton is wasn’t going to be something innocent like giving me candy and braiding my hair.

He slowly started walking to me and each step he took, my eyes grew wider with anticipation of what evil thing he was going to do. When he finally reached the bed I was frozen in place, wide eyed and slightly on edge. I’ll admit now that the close contact did make me feel giddy and overly excited but I could easily brush it off and it would be replaced with nerves which annoyed me even more because he kept getting closer and closer, setting my nerves into a huge bundle of stampeding rhinos.