Chapter XXVII: Attack on Titans I

Start from the beginning

"I told you imbeciles to find me Zeus' lightning bolt, didn't I?" Hades groaned, slapping his hand to his forehead.

"We-we can't find it! We looked everywhere!" Pain exclaimed while Panic was chattering his teeth nervously.

Hades yelled out in frustration, the blue flames from his head turning to red and orange for a brief second. He quickly cooled down by taking a deep breath.

From a couple feet afar, Sora, Donald and Goofy watched as Hades lowered his voice while he was talking with Pain and Panic. Unable to hear what they were talking about, the friends watched as Pain and Panic quickly nodded their heads and darted off, disappearing. Hades watched them leave and crossed his arms, turning his back on Sora and his friends.

"Now's our chance to ask him, guh-hyuk," Goofy whispered to his friends, wearing a goofy smile.

"Are you nuts, Goofy?" Donald quacked, jumping up and down. "We can't just walk up to him and ask him!"

"I don't get it," Sora shook his head, putting his hands behind the back of his head. "But we have to find out." With a strong resolve, the Keyblade wielder started to walk towards Hades.

In disbelief and peril, Donald followed Sora, his eyes glaring at Goofy who just shrugged. Goofy quickly followed them as they neared Hades, who was just standing there, talking and thinking to himself.

"Hades!" Sora yelled as he and his friends stood before the god of the underworld. "We need to talk to you."

Hearing Sora's voice, Hades turned around and grinned, opening his arms out to welcome them. "Sora! How wonderful it is to see you here!" He looked at Goofy and Donald, giving them smirk. "I see you brought your little friends along."

"We aren't here to play games Hades," Sora asserted, staring solemnly at Hades. "What are you up to?"

"Wow," Hades chuckled, not looking surprised. "You actually have the nerve to ask me. I mean, why wouldn't you? After all, you and your friends have climbed this far up the mountain. I'm actually impressed! You guys deserve a reward."

Donald stamped his foot, and waved his staff at Hades. "We'll get our reward once we defeat you and stop the darkness from spreading on Mt. Olympus!"

Shaking his head, Hades scoffed haughtily, still bearing a mischievous smile. "Now that wouldn't be fun, would it?"

"Why are you here, Hades?" Sora asked again, becoming impatient.

"Whoa! Someone is getting a little hotheaded," Hades started to walk around them in a circle, putting his hands behind his back. "So you wanna know why I'm here, right?"

"Get to the point Hades." Sora said.

"Well, you know after years of being banished in the underworld, I thought I'd bring back some gifts to my brother Zeus, who's sitting high and mighty all the way up there."

Sora and his friends looked to where Hades was looking and gasped. They were a lot closer to the Gates of Olympus than they realized.

"And you guys are here for the grand finale." Hades began to step away from them, gesturing his hands to the broken stone statues. "But...you probably won't survive it."

Staring at the remains of the stone statues for one last time, Sora finally realized what the statues were. "Titans." He looked at Hades sternly. "We fought them at the Olympus Coliseum before. And we will beat them again."

Two years back when Sora and his friends were fighting in the Hades Cup, they fought against the Rock Titan and the Ice Titan in the Coliseum arena. Hades had released the all Titans and tried to get rid of Zeus, but luckily Hercules came to rescue and got rid of the Titans.

"Now that was before," Hades put his hands to his hips. "You really think I would try to use the same plan over again? After Zeus sealed up the Titans with his lightning bolt, I happened to release them once again...with the help of a good friend of yours. Well, maybe he's not so 'good' anymore."

"Cloud?" Goofy exclaimed, looking at Sora. "He doesn't mean Cloud, does he?"

Sora remembered Cloud handing him the lightning bolt and disappearing. He clenched his fists and shook his head. "No...Cloud would never help you!"

With a crooked smile, Hades stood before them with darkness emitting from his body. "Believe or not, he did. And this time, Wonder Boy isn't here to save you."

Suddenly, with a flick of his wrist, Hades vanished and the ground began to rumble. The dark clouds began shrouding the sky and a loud roar erupted. From the sky, appeared the Rock Titan, more enormous than it was the last time Sora and his friends fought it. The Titan landed on the ground, crushing everything surrounding it. The impact of the giant's landing shook the entire ground and the wind blew Sora and his friends back a couple feet. The Rock Titan loomed over them, bigger and stronger than ever.

Overhead, the Ice Titan, Lava Titan, and the Wind Titan were seen on Mt. Olympus in the distance, climbing up towards the Gates of Olympus.

With not much time, Sora summoned his Keyblade and turned to Donald and Goofy, his friends nodding in understanding.

"Let's go!"

.

.

.

.