Chapter 1

June 14

I'm writing this journal to keep track of my journey to South Carolina from my small town of Wisconsin. Today is the day I move to South Carolina. It is the day after school ended and I don't even get to have a day of summer with my friends here. The only good thing is my friend Nash Grier lives there. He moved when we were 10, now we are 17.  We stay in touch but he made me make a deal with him when he was becoming vine famous. That I wouldn't watch his videos because he wanted me to remember the Nash I know. Not the famous one. It sounds stupid but I kept the promise. The plane should arrive around 5 pm tonight. The house is already fully furnished. 

"Lauren Nicole!" My mom yells from downstairs 

"What!?!" I yell back. I hate when she uses my first and middle name together

"We are going to be late! If we miss our flight you won't be able to see Nash tomorrow at Magcon!"

"Coming!!" I run down the stairs and we drive to the airport

***skipping the plane ride****

I wake up to being placed in the car. "Mom why didn't you wake me up to get off the plane."

"We tried but you wouldn't wake up."

"Great. First ten minutes in a new state and you've already embarrassed me. Thanks." I say the end with the most sarcasm I have in my system right now. The rest of the car ride is pretty silent. We arrive at our house and its huge. I had already seen it. My room was the best. It was painted baby blue. I had pictures of me and my friends on the walls. I had a queen size bed with a black and white zebra striped bedspread. I had a desk under my window with my laptop sitting on my desk.  I had a corner with a huge chair and beanbag chair. I also had a huge walk in closet. The rest of our house was pretty basic. My basement had another room with my video games and a big pit couch. It was a couch in a  "|__|" shape and the whole middle was filled in. 

By the time I had looked around and ate I went back upstairs and got ready for bed. I looked at my phone. I had no text messages. But I had a twitter notification. It was from Cameron. I barely know of Cameron Dallas but I do think he is hot. His tweet read, "goodnight beautifuls. Ilysm!" 

I decided to just go to bed instead of get caught up on twitter. It's already 9 and I have to get up at 6 for Magcon. Magcon isn't until 10 but by the time I actually get up, shower, get ready and drive there it will be between 9 and 9:30. Perfect timing.

****the next morning******

Once I arrived at Magcon I was so excited. Nash was going to be here and I was going to surprise him. I hope Will and Hayes are here too. They are all like siblings to me. Hayes like my little brother, Will my cool older brother, and Nash my overprotective twin. I was at the front of the line, so I was able to be in the front row. Time went so slow but finally it was time to see Nash again. They announce the names of the people who are going to be there. I didn't really pay attention until they called Nash's name. As he was running by me I decided to call him his childhood name I made up for him. I called his Nash Potatoes because one time when we were younger we started a food fight with mashed potatoes. He didn't have a nickname for me which I was fine with. As he walks by I scream, "hey Nash Potatoe remember my, Lauren!?!"

With that he snaps his head towards me. I'm glad he heard me! He comes over and hugs me. "Go to that security guard. He will take you backstage. I will come back with everyone when we are done!"

"Alrighty!" I walk to the security guard an told him what Nash said. He looks to Nash who nods his head. I follow the security guard and I sit in a back room for about 2 hours until the event is over with. Nash comes back followed by a bunch of guys. He comes over and introduces me to all of them.

"Lauren this is Jack, Jack, Shawn, Carter, Taylor, Jc, Hayes, Will, obviously you know them, Matt, and Cameron. Guys this is my best friend Lauren." I scan all the guys but one catches my attention. Cameron. The Cameron Dallas I find extremely hot and perfect is standing in front of me.

"Let's make a YouTube video!" Matt states as Hayes and Will come over and tackle me in a hug. 

"Sure!" All the guys say in unison. We start filming the video. They introduced me and they were answering some questions. We decided to play truth or dare. Carter gets up  and walks away. We start the game. Nash soon has Will dumping water on his head. Then Will asks me truth or dare. I know he saw the wash I was looking at Cameron earlier so I decide my safe bet would be to go with dare.

"Dare." I state probably surprising the guys. Carter walks in the room with his hand behind his back. He walks up to Cameron and smacks a white cream all over Cameron getting it on his shirt. I turn to Will waiting for his dare. All of us had finally stopped laughing at Cameron.

"Lo, I dare you to say your best pick up line to Cameron." I turn to Cameron to see his shirt was removed because of the white smack cam stuff all over it. He looks at me as if waiting for me to say it.

Oh god I am not good under pressure. "I don't really have one but here it goes. On a scale of one to seven your my heaven." The guys burst out laughing.

"That was priceless!" Matt says to me. We look at the time and notice that we have been doing this forever. We say goodbye and log off. Nash asks to talk to me so I start following him out. Cameron stopes me along the way though.

"I thought your pickup line was actually cute Lauren." Cam winks at me.

"Thanks!" I smile and find Nash in the hallway. "What's up?" I ask him.

"Why are you in South Carolina?!?" He asks.

"We moved here! Now I can spend time with my best friend."

"Dude that's awesome! Now that you will be here more I will allow you to be involved in all our social medias. But one rule."

"What is it?"

"The guys are off limits."

"Fine." I mumble and you can hear the disappointment in my voice. I mean I think Cameron is hot and all but I don't know him so how can I want to date him. I was mainly disappointed because one day I will most likely like one of the guys and when that day comes Nash and I will need to talk. But for now, I really don't care.