S-16

With Amalia back things started to return to normal. I took this moment of peace to check on the girl I had brought the the metal workers camp.

Walking down the path I saw Jackson and Cameron walking together. They were laughing and punching each other in the shoulder, when Cameron fell. Jackson held out his hand to steady Cameron as he attempted to stand, he wobbled a little bit, then fell again.

"Man, you are cut off." Jackson speaks with a loud tone, almost mocking Cameron.

"Shut up!", Cameron words slur together, "I'm not THAT drunk."

This is when Jackson sees me walking down the path.

"Top of the morning to ya!" Cameron yells with a very foreign accent. Jackson hides his head in I his hand in embarrassment. Cameron on the other hand could care less that it was three o'clock in the afternoon and he can't even stand.

After making sure Cameron wasn't going to fall and hurt himself, I asked Jackson how the girl was doing.

"Who Grace?" Jacksons question seemed odd, like was there any other new metal workers.

"Acually I never learned her name, just that her brothers name was Jason." I try to sound interested in the young girl but honestly the only reason why I'm asking is because I would be dead if Amalia found out that I ditched a newbie.

"Yeah that's her, she's learning quickly and I think she might be like Luke." His last comment was quiet like he feared someone over hearing it.

"What do you mean like Luke?" I needed detail thus is not one of those things you can leave unanswered.

"Meaning her power is so strong she can manipulate things most metal-bound people can't." His voice had gone raspy I could barely make out what he was saying.

I was amazed this nearly teen girl could be more powerful than any other metal worker out there. It also got me thinking about how we hasn't discovered someone with higher power within my color.

That's when me and jackson together went to fetch the very incoxicated Cameron from the tree we leaned him against, but he wasn't there.

"Drench the trees." Jackson requested saying that Cameron has bent shadows so we can't see him. Following the request a huge wave of water flowed into the trees when all of a sudden the shadows change and there in the trees was Cameron. 

"Thank-you, usally it takes me hours to find him." He seemed to be relaxed but then again, who won't be.

"How does he do that?" I was curious on how shadow bending works.

"Well, same as water, whatever he wants it to do; it will." His answer was blunt to then again my question was kind of stupid.

After getting Cameron back to his camp, he and Jackson walked back to the metal workers camp. On the way there he told me stories of when him and Cameron were children their parent were captured by seekers and forced to bred to create new combinations of eye colors. He told of how he had a older bother who had two different eye colors but died in the middle of the night without a word.

I felt bad, for I had never seen that side of him or Cameron. I was so deep into conversation that I didn't even relies he was speaking in the same foreign accent as Cameron was.

"We're are you guys from?" Seemed like a good question to ask without insulting him by accident.

"Blue Run, I lived there with the seekers. Your probibliy asking cuz the accent right." His accent was growing stronger and if he started talking to fast I could barely understand what he was saying.

"I've never been there." I answered, my mind had drawn a blank; I had no idea what to say.

"You see your kingdom is a test. A test to see if we could bring back medaval way of thinking. The rest of the world is quite nice actually." We reached the camp and I knew our conversation was over. I wanted more, more information, more stories, I wanted more him. But I couldn't, at least not now

______________________________________
Done (for now)