S-10

I slowly stepped up to the water edge, being careful not to make a sound. Looking at my reflection in the still water I began to cry, but I didn't want to. I forced myself to keep the tears in my eyes which, when you control water is not very hard.

I pondered on that for moment and I believe I figured out how Amilia can hold her emotion so well. She just doesn't want to cry in front of anyone.
I look around to see if anyone is awake, when I see the watery figure of the bot in amalia memory.

He is silent, only gazing at me from across the water. I panic, if Amlias memory is here than she is near by too. I crawl back to the bush, then head to the house. I hear foot steps behind me and look back to she Luke.

Not the actual Luke but a water memory, only he was the same age as he is now. Luke was smiling, I smiled back; Luke is only person in the whole who's smile can make my burst into happiness. He fades back into the waters edge, and I see Amalia clear as day just in front of the water.

She is not mad, if fact she asks if I wanted to join her on the way back to the house. I agree, and we head back into the house.

"I knew you would follow me," she mutter into the silence of the night, "So I decided to show you somthing "

"What did you show me?" I asked, for all I know she just likes to relive memories.

"That your friend Luke knows a lot more than you think."

Her tone was not jealousy, or harsh or even hurtful, she spoke as if she idolized him.

"He's a traveler, he uses his ability to keep himself younger so he can go from kingdom to kingdom saving street rats, outcasts, and defends us from seekers."

"Seekers?"

Yeah that's what we call people who come to take us to slave camps and to the circus for other people's enjoyment."

"So how old is Luke?" I asked curiously.

" Nobody knows, heck, I don't think he even knows."

Every thing started to make sense now. Why he was so comfortable in the camps, why he had his own space, how he had already had mastered his abilities and why he wanted to come here.

We finally made it home, and to my surprise I fell asleep very fast. I almost missed the morning call for breakfast but once our early morning routine was done Amalia and I went to the waters edge to work more on my ablitys.

Amilia called a break and we both headed down to the green camp to see what Luke was up to. On the way there Amalia future explained that Luke power was stronger then most greenscapes (green eyed people) in that he had the power to make himself younger or older than he actually was, making him unaffected by time.

We found Luke in the fields, he was almost surprised to see us and a bit Nervous. 

"Cal, I need to talk to you." He said to me. His hands were shaking, his hair was a mess

"About?"

"I have to leave soon, and a don't have much time to explain why." His voice was cracking like his was about to cry.

"I already explained." Amalia piped in

He almost jumped, looked directly at Amalia then at me.

"I should have told you sooner." His almost whispered.

"I understand why you did it, I'm happy acually I would have never believed you if you had told me." I tried to comfort him, and to my supprize his body relaxed.

We walked back to his shelter and he explained how the seekers are getting very close to the camp and he going to lure them off as much as they can.

"When do you leave?" I asked

"Tomorrow morning." His voice cracked again.

______________________________________
Done. For now.