J-6

I woke up to the smell of eggs, and quickly got out of bed. Today was my first day of training and I wanted to be ready, so I headed downstairs for breakfast. Amalia and Katherine we already sitting at the table.
"Good morning sleepy head." Amalia said. I looked outside, it couldn't have been past seven or eight. "I've been up since before sunrise, did you sleep well?"
"Yeah, it was nice of you to let me stay here. Thank you by the way." I said. We finished our breakfast and Amalia led me outside.
"Ok yesterday we started with small ripples in the lake, today lets try some small waves." She said, I know I was suspicious of her before, but I actually really like her. "Watch me." She stretched out her hand towards the lake and concentrated, making a slight pushing motion with her fingers. The water made a small wave and came towards us until it splashed our feet. "Now you." I repeated the process, and a very, and I mean VERY small wave formed and slowly came to us.
"Ugh, I can't do this." I said.
"Yes you can, concentrate more on the water and less on the steps. Just focus."

After hours of making waves we decided to take a break and head for a walk in the wooded area of camp. "So," I said, "what brought you here?" Amalia looked at me.
"I already told you, my family was killed because of their eyes. But I was the only one with powers, I was walking around one day when Lu...  I mean, someone found me. Katherine took me in as if I were her family, that's my story. What's yours?"
"My family abandoned me when I was young, they had brown eyes and they couldn't stand having a blue eyed daughter. Luke found me and we found you." I replied, but thought of something. "By the way, what was that thing you pulled out of your pocket the other night after campfire?" She looked at me, trying to glare but I saw a sadness in her eyes.
"Were you spying on me?" She asked.
"No I-" I tried to say but I was cut off.
"That's my business, not yours." She snapped before walking away.

I returned to her house a while later to find a rare sight, or at least I thought it was rare. Amalia, the girl I thought was so tough, was sitting in her room. Crying.