2-9: Wardrobe

^^ the Mama Glare, and <~Sage ^^

--- Sage Dorian ---

I sat down next to Hector, reflexively cleaning his cheek with a napkin when he ate sloppily. "So. After you two are done eating, we're going shopping. We'll drop Hector off at your house, I suppose, Otto, and then to the Market, then to meet this 'Loki' woman."

Hector looked up defiantly. "I can make my own way home! I don't need a baby sitter!"

"Shush, child." I said off-handedly, and looked at Otto. "So?"

"I hate to disagree with you, but his job is running all over the city. He can take care of himself, once we're out of the Pleasure District." He hummed.

I smirked. "And? I like children, and my son is grown. I have... what do you call it, Zoë?"

"Empty nest syndrome." She shrugged.

"Ah. Sì. So, he either comes with us, or I walk him home. Simple." I shrugged.

He nodded. "Okay. I'll make it happen. His sister might be pissed I held him all day, but ah well. I'll kiss her and she'll forgive me." He grinned happily.

"Ew." Hector stuck his tongue out at him, and finished his stew quickly.

I set the rest of it on a warming plate, and scribbled a note. 'Open Season, leave critique on back of card.'

"So where first? I'm looking for some nice Dresses, but also tough leathers and denims." I looked at the clueless giant, then down at Hector. "You'll be more useful than I thought, hmm, courier?"

He grinned. "Sure! I know where all the best Ladies' clothes stores are! Let's go, then!" He hopped down from the stool, and I caught him, simply hugging him to my chest and walking, like he was a large, squirmy teddy bear.

I smiled and handed him to Otto, and then when he set him down, I frowned. "He's 11, Miss Sage. He doesn't need help." He said calmly.

"11? But he's..."

"He's a Dwarf, Miss Sage. He'll never get much taller than he is now." Otto shrugged.

I blinked slowly. "Oh. I thought dwarves would be... bigger." I mimed a big belly and muscles.

He laughed loudly, and rustled Hector's hair. "Some are, don't worry. But some aren't. Now lead the way, Hector. And no short cuts, you understand?"

Hector mumbled a mildly offensive term, and then shrugged. "Whatever. But you're paying me, Otto!" He started off, and I smiled, following.

We walked through the mostly empty streets, and suddenly why they were empty occurred to me. The Red Light District was only open at night.

I smiled at the realization, and then looked at Hector, who was now speaking like a tour guide.

"Ya see, the Red Light District is under the control of the Ishtar Familia. Ishtar is a goddess of beauty and love, so her Familia members are primarily prostitutes, though they are also Amazons, and they are very dangerous if angry." He began.