2-2: Green Light

^^ Johnny in the Red Light District ^^

--- Johnny ---

I looked at the door slowly, and found Xavier and Tione, both laughing at me. Xavier approached, and handed me a mug of coffee, offering the other to Alex. "Sorry, I couldn't miss it. They're adorable." He grinned, and set one of the kittens, a small black cat, next to Dotty on Alex's shoulder.

The older cat simply stared at the smaller one, her tail swishing dangerously. Her paw darted out, and whacked the kitten soundly on the nose, bouncing him down into Alex's cleavage.

Xavier walked away, chuckling, and I sighed, fixing my coffee, then sipping the strong brew.

Alex slowly recovered, and pet the small kitten, moving him onto her lap. He meowed imperiously, and climbed back, curling up.

She left him, sighing, and then sipped the coffee that Xavier had handed her.

We sat in a companionable silence, broken only by the cat's sounds, and when I finished my second cup, I sighed. "Well... procrastinating never made anything happen... you stay here, the cats need someone to watch them." I stood slowly, depositing each cat, one by one, on her lap.

The kittens curled around each other sleepily, and she gasped, petting them gently. "O...Kay..." she said quietly.

I nodded. "What's your bosses name? Where can I find him?"

She shivered a little. "It's Richard... and he lives in Shackletown..."

"Shackletown?" I asked.

"Where I was working yesterday." She said quietly.

I nodded. "Got it. A description? Human, Dwarf, blonde?"

"Human, Blonde... but you won't get near him without me. No one is allowed in his Club without at invitation." She shook her head.

I hummed. "You're sure? It's going to get hairy real quick. I've got a short temper when it comes to people like that."

She nodded, standing up slowly. The cats reacted indignantly, but settled back down on my bed, cuddling together or claiming spots as they wished.

I tucked my puzzle book in my pocket, then settled my sword onto my belt. "Alright, then." I hummed, and looked down, then covered my eyes. "But you need pants and shoes."

She pulled the shirt down even further, only making the situation worse, as she exposed more cleavage, and I reached for some pants from my trunk, tossing them to her, along with a pair of socks and boots.

She dressed quickly, and I sighed. "Well I'm glad that's done. If you're coming with me, there's a few simple rules. Okay?" I asked.

She nodded slowly. "Like?"

"First: if and when a fight breaks out, you simply stay where you are. Don't run, don't hide, don't do anything. If I know where you are, I can protect you, or drive the fight away from you." I stated firmly.

She nodded again. "Okay."

"Second: should someone take you hostage, or put a knife to your throat, don't panic. Anyone who wants to actually hurt you won't do that, so if they hold you, you're relatively safe." I continued logically.

She blinked. "Really?"

"Really. If they wanted to hurt you, they would. Third: if I start swinging my sword around, and spewing verbal garbage, don't pay attention. I'm not a nice person when I'm angry, and I don't want that to be your impression of me. Also, I don't really get angry that easily, so you don't ever have to worry about that." I shrugged.