3: Medical Bills

^^ Jon/Johnny (sexy sexy Jon...)^^

--- Xavier ---

Perhaps it was fate or some other perfect coincidence, that I would run out of stamina at the entrance of the Tunnel, walking out into the sunlight.

I stumbled once, and slowed down to a walk, dragging my feet, and the woman chuckled. "Well done. Almost exactly three miles, and we ran it in half an hour. We have another three to go, though, so buck up!" She slapped my shoulder heartily, and I groaned, snapping at Johnny.

"You better understand that you owe me everything, eh? Like, life-giving levels of owe-age. I own your ass, old man. You survive, and I Own you, got it?"

He laughed softly. "Sorry, man. Didn't exactly mean to get gutted."

"Shut up." I grumbled, settling my breathing and starting running again, working through the burn in my legs, shoulders, and core.

"I can carry him for a bit if you want-"

"No offense, honey? The answer is no. I'm not going to let you carry him just because I'm tired." I grumbled, regulating my breathing again into a steady rhythm.

She chuckled and ran ahead easily, climbing a tree and gazing at the horizon before I could blink. "We're almost there, another mile to go." She called down, and leapt out as I passed the tree.

I grumbled comments about her being too relaxed, and ground out more speed, finishing with my best effort, as always.

A large two-story inn-looking building came into view, and Sadie sprinted ahead, outpacing me in seconds, reaching the building in a minute or so.

I blinked in shock, then growled competitively, pouring more blood into my muscles to move them faster.

Johnny chuckled. "A nurse with cat ears... I'm in heaven, you know."

"I'll send you to heaven if you harass her, you pervy old man. She saved your life." I snapped.

He chuckled some more. "Ah well... no harm in a little harmless flirting."

"Her father is the doctor about to cut you open. I wouldn't give him any incentive to snip your balls off as well." I grinned.

He gulped slowly. "True words..."

I reached the cabin, eight minutes after the Mile started, and stopped at the door, huffing for breath.

It slung open, and a massive man with a doctor's coat looked out. "You must be Xavier and Jon? Good. Come." He gripped Johnny by the scruff, and lifted him like a cat, carrying him with no problem.

I blinked in shock again, and followed him closely, closing the door behind me. We entered a large bar-area, and then passed into a back room that was white, and reminded me of a doctor's office.

The giant dropped Johnny onto the table, and hummed, poking his stomach. "Killer Ant poison... okay." He grabbed a vial off the wall of vials I'd just noticed, and then looked at me. "I'll need you to either step out or hold him down. This will hurt."

I nodded and gripped Johnny's chest, pushing down. "Don't struggle, Johnny boy, I don't want to break your ribs." I grinned.

He huffed tiredly. "Right... no moving... got it..."

The doctor widened his eyes. "He's still conscious?"

"Johnny is a tough sumbitch." I grinned. "He's probably been through worse pain."