2-6: Runes and Kin

^^ Runes ^^

--- Dorian ---

I held my forearm still, as the runes were engraved there.

"So you're sure this is what you want? I've never seen someone get a speed enhancer Runed before..." the man tattooing me hummed, dipping his needle in a bowl of glowing liquid, which I'd provided as pure magic.

"Yes. Speed, Strength, Durability, Dexterity, and all the poison resistance you can give me. Lots of people want me dead right now, I don't want it to be by dagger or poison." I grinned tightly.

He laughed a bit. "I understand that, at least... what about Magic?"

"Yeah, Magic protection to, if you have those. Price isn't an issue, I'm good for it." I nodded, leaning my head back.

The tattooist shook his head. "Young elves, always so confident..." he began tapping the needle against my skin, carving the patterns all the way into my bones, it felt like.

As soon as I was sure he was finished, he started another, and I relaxed, almost meditating to pass the time.

A slim man burst through the door, huffing heavily. "Sir... Dorian..." he wheezed.

I blinked, and raised an eyebrow. "What's your rush, boy? Am I being summoned by Loki?"

"No, no! There's two elves at the gates, the guards wouldn't let them in, cause they don't have passes... they said they were looking for Xavier Leopold Dorian, and they were his family!"

I tsk'ed, looking down at the unfinished rune. "Okay. Johnny, I'll need you to go sort the situation, and take them back to the Club, okay?"

He smirked. "Like you need to ask. I'll be back in a while." He darted out, pulling the runner behind him, and I sighed.

The tattoo artist hummed, his long ears twitching. "Not many elves have large families. You should feel very lucky..."

"There's only four of us. It's not a large family." I waved my free hand, and tsk'ed as the cuts protested.

"Keep still... and four is a very large family among Elves. Most are only Two. Some are even lucky enough to have both parents, and have three... but a fourth..." he shook his head.

I nodded slowly. "I see... so you -we- don't have many children?"

"No... not many at all. Once a lifetime, for most Elf women... elf men can have multiple, with different women, but that's rare..." he shrugged, and started tapping again.

I leaned back, humming a soft tune.

---

"And you're finished. Well done, I've never seen anyone take that many at one time and stay awake!" He grinned.

I chuckled. "I almost passed out a few times. Anyway, thanks. Here's my Emblem, for the costs-"

"No need for all that, do you have 60K Val?"

I hummed, and nodded. "Yeah?"

"That'll do." He held out a hand.