2-19: Beginning an Expedition

^^ Tengwar because beautiful ^^

--- Dorian ---

I stood in the commentator box, and laughed when I saw the 12 fighters for the Championship matches.

Most of the Upper Class Loki Familia members who fought without magic were in the group.

Bete, Finn, Garett, Tiona, Tione, and even Ottar was back.

I laughed gently, and sat down. "I knew this would happen..."

The announcer handed me the microphone. "You can make your announcement, sir."

I nodded and cleared my throat. "Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Your Champion, Xavier <Caesar> Dorian, speaking to you on behalf of myself, and the Loki Familia. Another Expedition leaves tomorrow, as I'm sure you know."

The crowd protested, and I chuckled. "Yes, I understand, but worry not. We wouldn't dare betray you. You will be entertained. We will be gone for 3 months, and as such, three months of Tournaments will still be held."

They cheered again, the fickle bastards. "However, as I, the current champion, will not be here to defend my claim, the Championship will end when one of the 12 emerges victorious, and will be declared Champion en Interim."

Confusion spread slowly, and I continued to clarify. "He or she will defend the title each month, until I return, and I will fight the winner, to reclaim my title... this will be the pattern, for every absence henceforth, should the Champion be from an Expeditionary Familia. After all, one cannot lose the title of Champion, until they are defeated IN the ARENA!!!"

The crowd roared with enthusiasm, and I handed back the microphone to the announcer.

"AND THERE YOU HAVE IT, FOLKS OF ORARIO!!! THE BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN OF EXPEDITION FAMILIA LIKE THE LOKI FAMILIA, WILL CONTINUE THE TRADITION, WHILST COMPETING HERE IN THE CAESAR GAMES FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE!"

The competitors filed into the locker rooms, and I smiled, leaning back and getting comfortable, though I watched the field like a hawk.

"AAAAAND NOW, THE FIRST BATTLE, AMAZON TIONE <Jormungand>- Vs -AIS WALLENSTEIN <Sword Princess>! BEGIN!"

---

I stood across from Finn, the winner of the tournament, and donned my armor, then activated Juggernaut's main-skill, but leaving my Dexterity where it was, knowing I would need all the help I could get.

As soon as the announcer signaled our match to begin, Finn disappeared like a wisp of smoke.

I grunted as his leg slammed the square of my back, breaking even as it flung me away.

Without the defense of his body, his strength was enough to break his own bones easily, especially when he wore no armor.

I landed on my back, but got to my feet quickly, and faced him. His leg was already healing, so I pressed the small advantage, slamming my shield into his next attack.

His forearm folded like paper, and he growled in pain, but his left leg still found its way upside my head, breaking as a result.