18: Good Deals

^^ Dorian Summoning his Armor ^^

--- Dorian ---

The elderly witch looked at my Grimoire's closely, studying them thoroughly under a large magnifying glass.

I waited patiently, sitting in a chair across from her, and leaning back, crossing my ankles.

Almost two hours later, she was done with all the empty ones, and then picked up Dreamer. "This one... you did not learn it?" She croaked in a dusty, disused voice.

I shook my head. "To look into someone's dreams is a gift I do not want."

She nodded slowly, chuckling. "Yes, so many are afraid of this magic. For good reason, I suspect. Whoever gave this to you did so with very ill intentions..."

She went back to examining it, and then nodded, about five minutes later. "Mm... I will give you 500K for every grimoire, and 2Mil for Dreamer."

"Hmm... and to get them re-enchanted?"

She leaned back, thinking. "Mm... 5Mil for each of them. I can give you shielding spells, war-magic, healing-"

"Do you have anything that helps smithing? Engineering and stuff like that?" I asked.

She hummed, and looked at the wall of books. "I don't think so... such things are usually Skills, not Spells. You can get the Skill when you Level Up, if you tell your Goddess you want it."

I nodded. "Had to try... alright, thank you for-"

"That is not wise." Riviera closed the door heavily, glaring at the old woman.

The woman tsk'ed, hissing under her breath, and I glanced at her, before looking at Riviera. "She's underselling?"

"Blasphemously. Lady Veshky, you should know better than to trick a member of the Trickster God's Guild. You don't want Loki to Curse you again, do you?" She glared at the woman.

The woman blanched. "Oh but of course not! I-i was just testing the poor boy, don't tell Loki, please!" She begged, shrinking into her seat.

Riviera huffed. "I'll think about it! Now, Give me the proper estimates and prices for those Grimoire's!"

"And I need new spells put in them, whatever spells we need in the Familia." I added.

Riviera nodded. "You're giving them up?"

"Yeah, just these, though. I saved a few of the repeated copies for Johnny, so he could read them. And the Magic journals are mine as well... anyway, just these. Whatever spells our people need, I'm sure you already know them, right?" I asked.

She smiled and nodded again. "Indeed. Alright, Lady Veshky, I need six copies of Aegis, six copies of Fire-Bolt, and 14 copies of Ice Elemental Magics, all sizes and lengths, and I want full price for Dreamer, I know exactly how rare it is." She barked out orders, and the old woman grumbled, obeying, and stared enchanting the books, then and there.

"She's quite good, isn't she, despite how shady she is, huh?" I asked.

"The best in Orario. Gets to her head sometimes." Riviera answered, smiling.

Nearly thirty minutes later, she was done, and she leaned back, wiping sweat off her spotted brow. "Finally... alright, I'm giving you a discount, so when you sell me Dreamer, it'll only come out to 2Mil." She grumbled.

I reached for my purse, but Riviera simply dropped a heavy bag of 20 (100,000§) coins on the table, then began collecting the books.

I assisted, and then grinned, walking out. "You really helped me there. Thanks."