2-20: War-Mage

^^ upgraded magic circle ^^

--- Dorian ---

On the eleventh floor, I sat on my mechanical bull, and wrote in my journal to pass the time.

I was, currently, designing a new magic circle. This one would take into account the magic spells that I knew, all of them, and allow me to cast them with a thought, instead of a chant.

I would accomplish this by having an audio file with my entire chant, and attaching it to my Magic Circle Orb. To aid in this, I had gotten a recording crystal from Loki, and was speaking my chants into the Orb clearly, and with no inflection.

I'd finished them all, and so I covered it with the liquid magic stone I had melted, letting my Mystery Ability activate as I shaped and molded it. Then, my Mystery still activated, and my pen glowing blue, I carved the Magic Circle into the new stone.

While I carved, I enchanted it with one of Riviera's abilities, which regenerated Mana automatically, as well as the ability to absorb hostile or latent magic, and use that magic to power the spells, instead of my own.

Lastly, I set each spell into a set of nodes, and an infinite spinning wheel that selected them.

They would be simultaneously cast from each of the 18 individual circles in my design, which meant 18x the Drain, but 18x the raw destructive power

I smiled and gripped it in my fist, looking at the group of monsters we were currently slaughtering.

I whistled loudly, and grinned when they saw my magic circle, and retreated behind me. I calmly selected my Fulminate, and, without speaking a word, cast it.

The tunnel in front of me was completely immolated as 18 different bolts of lightning rammed into individual monsters, and then exploded violently, spreading like a plague down the tunnel for a little bit, but stopped just before it went out of my sight.

I grinned and then dropped at the massive drain of Mana, sitting down heavily. My magic circle disappeared, and I laughed. "That... was awesome." I grinned at Riviera, who was at the back, providing support and healing.

She raised an eyebrow. "You didn't chant."

"Nope." I shook my head.

Her brows furrowed delicately, and I leaned back to get some well-earned rest, as the supporters got to work collecting the scorched Magic Stones.

---

After a short rest, I got back to work, and worked on my magic even more.

'Wide-area destruction magic is fine and all, but that doesn't help me if I'm being attacked...' I tinkered a bit, and grinned, casting an Aegis as well as a Fulminate, zapping a random monster and also making a massive, seven layered lotus shield in front of myself, and the party in general.