19: Superstition

^^ Armor 2.0 ^^

--- Dorian ---

Loki started yelling as loudly as her tiny little body could manage, standing up to give herself more room for her lungs. "HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY NOT KNOW ABOUT SKILLS ALREADY?!?!"

I leaned back a little. "No one has explained it yet. Doesn't really make sense..."

She sat down, and huffed. "Fine... it's pretty simple. When you Level Up, or sometimes just when you do something the Gods like, (the ones in heaven, not on this plane of existence,) they give you a Gift. Like Savant Syndrome, but an actual God-Given Gift."

"I... see..."

"No you don't. Most blacksmiths, for example, have to have the Blacksmith Skill before they are actually taken seriously. Even if you already know how to do something, the Skill is on a different level. And some skills include Supernatural advantages, like Hunter, which gives you an advantage against beast-type monsters, or Luck, which I think is self-explanatory. When you Level Up, you're given a choice, usually between two very different Skills." She hummed.

I blinked. "So it's not a Skill, it's more like... a Class Selection? The Gods are trying to see what direction I want to take as an adventurer?"

She nodded. "Correct. Most of the time, the skills are easy to comprehend... but they're random. It's impossible for me to influence it."

I nodded. "I see..."

"Why did you want a Blacksmith Skill? I thought you didn't do mechanics or anything like that?" She asked.

"I'm not good at the basic mechanics, but I'm good at the more minute, nano-mechanics. My study in Computer-Engineering was mostly in miniaturizing super-computers and creating smaller, more efficient machines. But I can't hammer metal or smelt it to save my life, so I'm reliant on someone else to do the Basic crafting... but not for long." I smirked.

She nodded. "I see. Alright... well, go get into some fights, and don't get caught, hmm?"

I chuckled. "So the rules are: I can't get caught? Or: no one can recognize me?" I asked, using Cinder Ella to change my face drastically.

She grinned savagely. "The latter."

I nodded and pulled my shirt on, then walked out.

---

I knelt in my room, and crossed my legs, pulling out my magic Journal. 'My armor... it is too ugly. I don't like ugly things... I need a way to make it beautiful...' I started a new armor concept drawing.

The first layer was a thin, black fibrous material made of Dungeon Rowan, embedded with a hexagonal system of tiny Magic Stones. This paper-thin layer would coat the body, head to toe, completely securing it from any outside forces, though it would be porous around the nose and eyes, to allow for sight and breath.

Second: Muscles. I would need to be faster and stronger, and tougher.

Carbon Nanotubes were one of the strongest, most durable, and most useful material I'd ever studied. I would use their fiber design, which was an advance in science that had won the scientists who created it the Nobel Prize.

The fibers were approximately 200x more durable than Steel Wire, 200x Stronger than human muscles, and a 1Kilometer Weave was able to contract and expand fully, in less than 25 milliseconds.

Mine would be the thickness of human muscles, and make up the entire second layer of my armor, connecting to the base of my neck, and then to my Cerebral Column. In this way, I would be able to control the fibers as if they were my own muscles.