6: Trickster God

^^ Loki ^^

--- Xavier ---

"-Okay you two, that's more than enough." Johnny interrupted me about to compliment Isabelle for being so helpful, and I glared at him.

She cleared her throat primly. "Yes! Now, if you plan on contacting Loki, you can find her usually at her headquarters, in the south end of the city, or out about in the city proper."

"Her? Loki is male, isn't he?" Johnny asked.

She shook her head. "Not in this dimension. The gods mostly changed their physical appearances when they came to this realm. Hephaestus is also a woman."

I hummed slowly. "I see... well, as gods, they can choose any shape they please... not that it matters. Alright, we'll be going now. Thank you ever so much for your help, Miss Isabelle... you were most helpful. Though Oscar does take the cake at being simply adorable, I'm sad to say." I teased gently.

She smiled, a small blush riding her cheekbones. "Yes... I'm happy to have been of service! Good luck, and if you need anything, I'm here!" She waved a little, and we walked out.

Johnny nudged my shoulder, chuckling, as the door closed behind us. "Lookit you! Already findin' plenty of women's that like the look of ye!"

I grinned. "Yeah, yeah. Says you, 'Mister Gyllenhaal'. Didja see how her eyes sparkled when you spoke to her? Hmph. Maybe it's because you're short, she clearly has a thing for that." I smirked at his blush, and Sadie glared at us both.

"You two stop that. It's no way for a man to behave. Now let's go get some rest at the Inn, and then tomorrow you'll apply for Loki's Familia." She huffed and grabbed us both, dragging us out of the guild, onto the street.

I blinked. "How the hell? We were on the second floor, right?"

"Optical illusion. You walked down a slope to get to that door." She snapped, clearly still annoyed.

"Awww don't be mad, Sadie! If Dotty isn't jealous, you shouldn't be." I reasoned.

Dotty looked over at me slowly from Sadie's shoulder, and blinked once, then simply stared.

"See? She's pissed, and so am I! You two-timing, no-good, annoying men!!!" Sadie grumbled.

I sighed. "For the last time... you don't have a claim to me, and Dotty has liked my girlfriends in the past, so clearly my getting a mate isn't a problem for her. So you can get over yourself." I poked Sadie's nose, and lifted Dotty onto my shoulder.

She wrapped her tail around me, and purred, kneading my shoulder.

Sadie huffed in annoyance, and we started walking again.

---

"I don't know if I expected the sun to be green, or there to be two moons, but I really felt like the world should be different here... yet it really isn't." I hummed.

Johnny nodded. "Yeah... it's just like being in a fairy-tale... magic and elves... I still can't get over my ears, man."

I chuckled. "Same." I tracked the movement of the sun as sunrise began, carefully counting the minutes before the morning bell.

"Trying to figure out the times? I asked Sadie. It's a 24 hour day, and a Seven Day Week, twelve months in a year." Johnny hummed.

I tsk'ed. "Thanks for that."

He chuckled. "If I wasn't here to ruin the fun, what fun would that be?"

I shook my head slowly. "Well, I'm going to go find a god to bless my soul." I crossed myself slowly, and he laughed raucously, slapping his knee as I grinned mischievously.