Part 2-1: Turn Down Service

^^ Johnny meeting Alex ^^

--- Johnny ---

The Red Light District of Orario, located against the wall on the south-east end, was a thriving community, but the area outside of Ishtar's old territory was absolutely filled with crime and poverty.

"It's like I clicked my heels three times..." I grinned a little.

I hummed a tune, and then sang it softly, my deep, vibrant voice rolling through the street. "🎵Io chiamo su Afrodite, Iside, il Freya
Sentire il suono del mio cuore
Sentire la mia chiamata.
Chiedo di essere benedetti con amore,
Che essere trovato partner del mio cuore🎵."

I heard a scuffle in an alley, and a man walked out, buckling his belt angrily. A woman followed slowly, limping, and tried to remove blood from her nose and cheek unsuccessfully.

She turned her gaze towards me for a split second, and my voice died in my throat. Light Mocha skin and long, Obsidian hair, and the darkest grey eyes I'd ever seen, but with no fire, or steel, behind them, only pain.

I hummed and shook my head to clear it, walking past her, and handing her a handkerchief, before continuing on my way a few steps.

Then I halted, a thought occurring. "What's your name, girl?" I asked suddenly.

She flinched, and curled into herself a bit. "Alex... Benedetto..." she whispered.

'Benedetti... my god, I just sang a Spell...' I tsk'ed. "Alright... come on, Miss Alex. Let's get you fixed up. No worries." I slung her over my shoulder, modestly pulling her shirt down to cover her bum.

She squeaked, but then simply held on, shivering, as I lugged her back to the Castle.

Several people gave me odd looks, but I ignored them, and continued on.

Once I got to my room, (passing Riviera on the way,) I set the woman down on the bed, then handed her one of Xavier's shirts, which would reach her knees, and wasn't covered in blood. I hesitantly cast a healing spell, and her nose stopped bleeding, while she stared at me, incredulous.

Then I led her into the shower, and turned on the water, quickly exiting.

I laid on my bed, covering my eyes. "God I'm an idiot..." I murmured.

"Sir Jonathon? May I have a word?" Riviera asked from the hallway.

I stood, sighing, and entered the hallway. "Yes?" I asked.

She breathed deeply, then exhaled. "While I would not deign to tell you how to spend your free time, or what company to keep, bringing prostitutes into your quarters at The Castle is a bit...-"

"Okay, hold up. That's not what this is." I waved a hand. "She was only mildly injured, so I took her here, and then healed her nose and lip, and now she's getting a shower, hopefully. I'll return her in the morning, and have words with her Pimp, and hopefully that'll be the end of it." I explained myself.

She raised a delicate eyebrow. "Have words?"

"Its code for 'I'm going to beat him into a bloody pulp, and then threaten to geld him with a rusty spoon should he ever get up the courage to touch another woman indecently in his entire miserable life', or something similar." I frowned.