•Chapter Fourteen•

Alois' POV....

He tapped his fingers against the desk as he wrote down his signature for a contract. As usual he had been working all day, and because of that he was unable to see (F/N) all day.

I hope she's okay, he thought to himself. After (F/N) ran away from him, he hasn't be able to talk to her for the past week due to his other plans he has been arranging.

"Your highness." Claude spoke out in his usual monotone voice. He rolled his crystal blue eyes but quickly glanced at the demon butler, waiting for him to say whatever.

"What is it Claude?"

"The invitations for the Halloween party are finished, all we need to do is send them out." Claude explained.

This news ringed like music to his ears. However, he sighed and stretched his arms before looking at the invitations.

"Make sure the invitation arrives to him, and make sure that all the servants wear masks at the parties." He replied.

Claude raised his eyebrows slightly, but bowed down to him before leaving his office. He slumped in his chair and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Because if he has interest in (F/N)....I'll do anything to keep her by my side." He whispered to himself.

Because he could try to take her away....

In a sudden urge he walked out of his office and began to search for the (H/L) (H/C) haired girl. His eyes scanned he hallways, the kitchen, the main hall, the garden, the forest, and even knocked on her bedroom to see if she was there.

After an hour searching he narrowed down his options to the library, and when he opened the door he sighed with relief. (F/N) laying on one of the couches asleep. Her (H/L) (H/C) hair slightly covering her face and her breathing very relaxed and steady. Looking around he also noticed the triplets silently talking to themselves as they cleaned the bookshelves.

"Leave us be." Alois said quietly. The triplets were rather surprised to hear him not so annoyed, so they bowed towards him before leaving the room. (F/N)'s eyes fluttered opened as Alois poked her arm softly, her (E/C) eyes glistened as the Sun rays peeked through the library doors. He started feeling butterflies in his stomach as (F/N) sat up and combed through her hair, just looking at her waking up casted a exquisite image to him.....

"Hello Alois~..." (F/N) yawned tiredly. He sat down next to her and stared at her for a brief moment before pulling her into a hug. A gasp escaped her lips, but shortly she returned the hug.

"Are you okay Alois?" (F/N) asked with concern.

"Are you?" He replied sadly. (F/N) pulled away from the hug and looked at him, her (E/C) eyes narrowed as she observed him.

"Yes I'm fine, and I wanted to apologize for running off the other day." (F/N) began to say, but quickly her words seemed to fade away as if she was recollecting her thoughts...or remembering something.

"Yes?" He asked quickly. (F/N) sighed before shaking her head and bowing down towards him.

"I don't know why I did it Alois....please accept my apology." (F/N) whispered slightly frightened. Alois felt relieved and pulled her into a another hug.

"I accept your apology." He replied cheerfully. Butterflies came back as he stared at her for a split second. Her (E/C) eyes widened from happiness.

"Thank goodness!" She implied with a bright smile.

She's....beautiful, was all Alois could think as she walked over to a window and looked out into the garden.

If only she remembered....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Your POV.....

"A costume party?" You asked with curiosity. The two of you were in Alois' study, the sky outside starting to cloud as the weather began to get slightly chilly.

"Yes, I have decided to hold this Costume party on Friday. Not only that, but you will be able to dress up as well!" Alois replied happily. However, tot could tell fear was in the tone of his voice. Ignoring it you nodded your head, but slowly had the courage to ask him.

"Are you okay Alois? you seem pretty nervous about the party."

"I'm perfectly fine, don't worry about me (F/N) and focus on the costume you'll wear." Alois said with a fake reinsuring tone.

Something is up with him I know it, you thought to yourself. Suspicion filled your wary thoughts as you continued to watch Alois, how he was tapping his finger against the desk, how crystal blue eyes were castes in a daze, and how he just seemed....off.

You could only sigh before giving Alois a soft smile and exit his study, your (H/L) (H/C) swaying in motion as you walked along the cream-colored walls within the Trancy manor. However, when turning a corner you sudden saw a flash image of a bluebell...

You stumbled a bit, slamming your back against the wall you slumped a bit and tried to recollect your thoughts.

"W-What was that?" You whispered to yourself.

"Deep within the Forest, the Bluebells petals boomed" ....

The voice that sounded so fragile, gentle, pure, and familiar....

yet so distant to remember who....

"Damn my cursed mind." You muttered under your breath.

"Are you okay Miss (F/N)?"

You let out a startled gasp and jumped, but turning your head to see who it was you sighed with relief.

"Oh it's you Claude." You said swiping pieces of your (H/C) hair out of your face. Claude only stood there with his usual bored expression splattered on his face, yet in his yellow eyes you swore you could thought he looked concerned.

"Y-Y-Yes I'm alright Claude." You stuttered from nervousness. Claude started to smirk at you, which slowly made your skin crawl.

"W-What?" You asked.

"I can tell the Master has been changing since you have arrived here Miss (F/N)." Claude replied. Your (E/C) eyes narrowed at his comment.

"What do you mean by that?" You asked.

"He has a change in heart....something I don't think we thought he could recover ever since he lost his father~..." Claude began to explain, but soon let the rest of his sentence fade away like leaves blown against a breeze.

He's not telling me something.....

"What are you hiding?" You asked rather darkly. Claude's yellow eyes twinkled and his smirk continued to grow on his face. Only shaking his head he walked around the corner chuckling to himself.

"Damn butler." You hissed in annoyance. Returning to your room you were greeted by Hannah who was playing a dress on your bed.

"The master has requested you wear this at the Costume ball this weekend, he hopes it is to your liking." Hannah said, you smiled brightly at her and gave her a hug.

"Thank you, I think the dress will be lovely!" You replied. Hannah tussled through the hair gently before bowing down to you and exiting the room, you glanced at the dress and smiled at it with satisfaction.

"It's lovely." You whispered to yourself, and slowly began to get excited for the ball coming up this weekend.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~**~*~~*~*~*~*~*~~
Author's Note: thanks for reading this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it!!!