ONE

A redhead girl with green eyes slammed the door of her room with anger and frustration marked on her face as she let out a scream.

"Heather, get back here young lady! Don't you dare leave when I'm talking!" a woman's voice boomed through her room, Heather clutched her ears as she kept the sound out.

"Shut up mom!" Heather shouted back, still clutching her ears. The room was filled with silence, but was soon replaced by foot steps approaching the door.

It was her mom.

The door turned but stopped, indicating that it was locked.

"Open this door Heather" her mom demanded as she slammed the door with her fists, rampaging that Heather should open it.

"What do you want mom?" Heather asked her as she sought to keep a calm tone.

"Open this door Heather, I want to talk to you" her mother no longer shouted as she asked Heather to unlock the door.

Heather gave up and sighed as she twisted the knob and opened the door, revealing a worried yet angry mother.

"Talk" Heather commanded.

"Excuse me? But who promoted you as a parent? Donot disrespect me in my own house" her mother scolded her.

"You mean dad's house" Heather mumbled, yet her mother heard it.

"Heather, I just want to talk to you" her mother's face softened as she tried to reach out to her daughter.

"We are talking" Heather said coldly at her. "Then at least answer my question: Why were you at the police station?"

"None of your business" Heather answered bluntly.

"Actually, it is, for the fact that I am your mother!" her mother couldn't keep herself from shouting at her daughter.

Heather just stood there while glaring at her mother. "Now tell me, why were you at the police station?" Heather's mom once again demanded for an answer.

"Respect my privacy!" Heather shouted at her while her jaw clenching at her anger. "And respect my authority" her mom said.

"Now, I will not hesitate to force you on telling me the reason why I picked you up at the police station" her mom said with anger in her voice.

"Try me" Heather taunted her with a smirk on her face. Her mother seems to be consumed by anger and grabbed her by the arm painfully which made Heather wince.

"You're hurting me mom" Heather told her. "Tell me" her mother demanded.

"Okay! I stole something at the store, the guards caught me and they brought me to the police!" Heather gave up, tears glistening in her eyes.

Her mother is now fuming with anger, she let go of Heather, but instead of calming down, she raised her hand and was about to hit Heather on the face when a man caught her arm by surprise.

"Iranna, enough" the man told her as he still kept his grip on Iranna's arm.

"What do you mean enough? This child has a lesson to learn, now let go of me Ray" Iranna snapped her head at Ray as she said those words. Ray is still clutching her arm, preventing her from hitting her daughter.

"I think that Heather already learned her lesson" Ray told her. Iranna forcefully pulled her arm away from Ray's grip while storming out of Heather's room, leaving Heather alone with Ray.

"Are you okay Heather?" Ray asked her. "Just because you stopped mother from hitting me doesn't mean that I will thank you" Heather snapped at him.