Running Away (for Penny)

ayeeeee this one's for penny_ortiz !

Hope you enjoy Penny! 💗

-------------------------

"Are you 100% sure?" Colby asked me over the phone.

I peered out of my window into the darkness.

I took a deep breath. "Yes."

"Okay, meet me there at midnight."

"Okay."

The phone call ended and I checked the time.

11:41 p.m.

I set my phone down on my dresser and changed into leggings and a long-sleeved shirt. I pulled out my suitcase from my closet and made sure everything was in there.

I zipped it back up and turned off the lights in my room. I set the suitcase by my widow and opened it, the cold night air sent chills down my spine.

Before I left for good, I quietly walked into the hallway and into my little sister's room.

She was sound asleep. I walked over to her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm sorry." I whispered as I moved a piece of her hair out of her face.

I stood up and left her room, walking back into mine. The curtains waved in the wind as I threw my suitcase out of it.

I then jumped out of the window, it wasn't a big drop, maybe 15 feet.

I started making my way towards the spot. Our spot.

We were meeting there to do the most stupid decision of our young, angsty teen lives.

We were about to run away, together.

As I approached our spot, I saw Colby sitting on the ground, with his suitcase right next to him.

"Colby." I called out to him.

He turned around and saw me walking towards him.

"Penny." He smiled and stood up.

We walked towards each other and kissed.

"You're 100% sure?" He asked as he put his hands on my arms.

"Yes Colby, I'm 100% sure." I replied.

He pulled me close and wrapped his arms around me.

"Okay, I just want to make sure that you actually want to do it." He kissed my forehead.

"I actually want to do it." I looked up into his eyes.

"Okay." He said quietly and hugged me.

"We should start going." He said.

I nodded and grabbed my suitcase.

We started walking over to Colby's mom's car, that he "borrowed" to drive us to the airport.

We got in and Colby started driving.

45 minutes later and we arrived at the airport.

"Time to start our new lives." I said as I stared out into the night sky.

Once we were in the airport, we sat down and waited for our flight.

"Flight 27A is now boarding rows 25-20." The man said over the intercom.

Colby and I looked at each other as we stood up. We walked over to the gate and handed the lady our tickets. We walked inside the plane and found our seats.

I stared out of the window into the night sky as Colby said something.

"You still 100% sure?"

I looked at him and kissed him.

"Yes."

-------------------------

Sorry it was so short!

Hope you enjoyed Penny! 💗

-m