New Friends? - Sam (1/2)

"Bye Kaylee! I'll miss you, and yes, I promise I'll visit you soon!" I said to my best friend, Kaylee, as I hugged her. She just drove me to the airport and I had to hug her one last time before I set off to L.A.

"I'll miss you too y/n!" She said as she hugged me back.

We released from the hug, and I grabbed my suitcase and my backpack out of the trunk of her car. I shut the trunk and made my way to the airport doors.

Just my luck, my suitcase caught on the carpet and one of the wheels broke.

Fantastic.

As if my day wasn't going great already.

I brushed it off and made my way to security. I'm almost 99% sure that I'm going to miss my flight, but there's not anything I can really do about it now.

The line wasn't too long, but again, just my luck, a huge family who didn't speak English went in the line just before I did. Don't get me wrong, I'm not racist, but when I'm in a hurry, I get really anxious and I guess you could call me rude. I'm sorry that I have places to be and people to see. But, it's not the people's fault, it's the airport for not having bilingual employees.

After security, I rushed to my gate, which happened to be all the way at the end.

Once I finally made it there, an announcement played that said my flight was being delayed.

Great, I mean, at least I won't miss my flight anymore.

I rolled my suitcase over to a seat and sat down. I sat there for a few minutes before my stomach started growling.

I sighed, and walked over to one of the little stands of food. I opened my wallet, and saw only $5.

The only thing I could order there, was a bottle of water, and some chips and guacamole. I brought my food back over to the seat I was sitting in and ate. There were about 20 other people sitting in the same area I was sitting at, but only one caught my eye. He had bright blonde hair and blue eyes. He was talking on the phone while looking down at his lap.

I just continued to eat my food.

About 3 hours later, we can finally board the plane.

Finally.

"Okay, rows 10-15 may start boarding now." The lady said with a big smile.

I was row 14, so I stood up and made my way to the door leading to the plane. So did the boy.

I made my way to my seat and put my luggage into the overhead cabin. Yes! I got a window seat. I climbed right into my seat and stared out of the window.

I stopped looking out of the window and noticed the boy from earlier walking closer and closer to my row.

I wanted him to sit here and I didn't want him to sit here at the same time.

Apparently the gods only heard the first half of my thought, because he sat right next to me. Not even in the aisle seat, but the middle seat.

Once he sat down, he looked at me and gave me a friendly smile. I returned the gesture and returned my gaze to out of the window.

We took off and after a few minutes, I got bored of staring out of the window, so I went to grab my ear buds out of my backpack. One problem, my earbuds weren't in my backpack.