Don't Jump

It might be confusing, so let me explain how the balconies are set up.

You and Colby live in apartments that face each other. You guys live on the 10th floor, and your balconies face each other. There's about a 5 foot gap between the balconies. Hope this makes the chapter make more sense.

------------------------

I just found out that my boyfriend of 2 years was cheating on me. He called me things, things that brought back memories of the previous years of my life.

The memories came to me, all the bullying, all the nights of crying, all the cuts.

I looked down at my worthless thighs, and counted.

1...2...3...

I counted up to 43 on my left leg, and 47 on my right leg. Then, I checked my wrists.

1...2...3...

I counted up to 32 on my left, and 29 on my right.

Disappointed at my life, I sat up from my couch, and slowly walked to my room. The tears in my eyes, made it hard to see.

I know what I wanted to do, and no one could stop me.

I walked over to the balcony doors. I slowly opened them. I stepped out into the balcony, the cool concrete soothed the bottom of my bare feet. I looked around and the moon was shining bright. I looked straight forward, and saw another balcony to another building, about 5 feet away.

I slowly walked to the railing of the balcony. I gripped the cold metal railing. I looked down, I saw the alley way beneath me. I was about 10 floors up.

That should kill me, right?

I lifted my right leg over the railing, and stepped on the other side of the railing. I did the same with my left leg. I was now leaning off of the balcony, only holding onto the railing with one hand.

I had a mental countdown in my head.

10

9

8

7

More tears streamed down my face, the closer I got to zero.

6

5

4

3

"NO! DON'T DO IT!" I heard someone scream.

I looked straight forward and saw a dude with brown hair standing on the balcony across from mine.

"Please, don't." He continued.

I ignored him and looked back down at the ground, 10 floors beneath me.

I began the countdown in my head again.

10

9

8

7

6

5

"PLEASE!" He shouted.

I glared up at him. He was slowly walking closer to me.

"Don't jump." He repeated over and over again.

He can't stop me.

I ignored him once again and looked back down at the darkness beneath me.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

I let my grip of my balcony railing loosen.

I let go and leaned forward, letting gravity take its course. I felt the cold night air run thru my hair. I felt all my cares leave my body. I felt release.

Then I felt terror.

I didn't want to die anymore.

As I saw the ground beneath me slowly get closer, I realized that all my problems could've been solved.

But it was too late, I already jumped.

I shut my eyes tight, fearing the inevitably of death.

All of a sudden, I felt a tight grasp on my forearm. I opened my eyes and saw my feet dangling below me. I looked up and saw the dude from the balcony holding my arm.

He was the only thing keeping me from dying.

He was attempting to pull me up into the balcony. Eventually, I was no longer falling to my doom, and was safely on his balcony.

I stood in front of him, still looking at the ground. I looked up at him, and lunged into his arms.

He accepted the embrace and I started crying.

Crying and crying because this man just saved my life.

"Thank you." I mumbled over and over again.

After all of my tears had evaporated, we released from the hug.

"What's your name?" He asked me, his voice was soft and soothing.

"Y/n." I replied.

"That's a wonderful name."

"Thank you..." I paused so he could say his name.

"Colby." He answered.

"Thank you Colby."

He smiled and nodded.

"I'm guessing that you're not going to jump back over to your balcony, so can I walk you back to your apartment?" He asked.

I nodded in agreement.

And that was just the beginning.

-------------------------

aye, this kinda sucked, but I hoped you liked it :)

-m