They Help You (for Julia)

AYEEEE this one's for JuliaTheKoala !!!!!!

hope you enjoy :)

--------------------------

I was walking around town with my boyfriend, Mark, when it started getting late. I checked my phone for the time.

10:01 pm

"It's getting late, wanna head home?" I asked him.

He hummed in response. We started walking to our apartment complex when my phone buzzed. I took it out of my pocket and looked at it.

Peter (partner in chem class): had a great time last night wanna do it again some other time? 😏

I was confused by his text, surely he sent it to me by accident. He's my partner in chemistry, I've literally only spoken to him like 4 times. Mark abruptly stopped walking.

"Why'd you stop walking?" I asked him.

"Where were you yesterday, Julia?" He asked me.

"I told you, I was hanging out with Macy." I replied truthfully.

He snatched my phone out of my hand, and scanned his eyes over the text.

"That's not what Peter thinks." He spoke as he continued to read.

"Nothing happened with Peter! He's my chemistry partner!" I defended myself.

"Sure, sure Julia. Like I believe that shit!" He yelled back, looking up at me and clenching his teeth.

I was slightly scared.

"I don't understand why you don't believe me! You should trust me! You should know me better than to do that!" I shouted back.

"Don't talk to me like that!" He raised his voice. I could tell he was getting angrier by the second, which made me more scared by the second.

"I'm sorry, but nothing happened, I swear, I love you and I could never hurt you like that!"

"Then why did you receive that text Julia, answer me that!" He threw my phone on the ground in anger, probably shattering the screen.

"I DON'T KNOW MARK! He probably sent it to me on accident! And the only reason I have his number is because we're partners for a chemistry project!" I screamed back. I was about to cry, my own boyfriend didn't believe me.

Then, it happened. It was hard to make out what was happening, because the only sources of light I had were the street lights, but I could see an object fly towards my cheek.

Yup, I was right. He just punched me. I collapsed to the ground and started crying. He grabbed my arm and pulled me up, which probably left bruises.

"That's all you're good for isn't it, sex. That's the only good thing I've ever gotten out of you!" He screamed into my ear.

I started bawling my eyes out, he's never acted like this before.

He pushed me to the ground, forcefully I might add. I scraped the palms of my hands and my arms on the concrete when I landed on it.