Reminiscence

Anon Said: "Now, if I may, can you make a sweet scenario with our dear Fyodor with his s/o who was, in the past, his childhood best friend?"

Since I've already done a scenario where his childhood best friend confesses to him, this may act as a continuation, but they can also both be read separately. 

School's been draining me of time and peace of mind recently, so I haven't been able to update as often. Thank you for being patient with me. 

P.S. Thank you for 5k+ reads! I never imagined that this would get that much attention, I really appreciate you all. 

-

You can hear the water ebb and flow beneath you and the wind moving through the trees. It's a cool Spring night, to be expected this time of year.

He's told you before that he likes this temperature the most. He can still wear his much loved fur hat and coat, and he doesn't run the risk of getting frostbite.

In the winter he would always come home with slightly reddened cheeks and snow covered eyelashes. This is why Winter was not sad for you; there were things to look forward to.

You were grateful for so much. Neither of you had been fortunate in your early years, but in finding each other things had changed.

You had been sensitive back then, like many children were. It made you quite the target. In grade school you were called annoying by various children, and chased around the field by some as they insulted you. Crying just resulted in you being labelled as a crybaby. It escalated from there, and resulted in you becoming withdrawn and quiet. When you couldn't hold your words back, the teasing continued.

You still wondered why this had begun in the first place. Children have a knack for picking out the weakest link it seemed. 

When you first met him he had transferred to your school a few years in. He was tall for his age, and quite expressionless. You were drawn to him from the moment you saw him. A part of you realized your opportunity. If you got to him first, perhaps he wouldn't start teasing you like the others.

However, the boy avoided you as he did most everyone else. Many children, including you, attempted to speak with him. He would either walk away or never respond. Sometimes while playing outside, you would turn to find him staring at you from a few metres away, as if he wanted to approach you. You would wave, and he would walk away.

He finally spoke to you at a very strange time.

You had been pressing your hands into the ground. It felt like a sponge, as moisture from the rainfall was still imbued within it. A small pink worm popped out of the ground, and you eased it out with your fingers, staring at it as it wriggled in your palm.

"I'll call you Mr. Wormy," you said to it, "if that boy Fyodor won't be my friend, I'll just have to stick with you."

"What are you doing?" you jumped at the sudden utterance, almost dropping the worm. Fyodor was standing beside you.

"I found a worm!" you said, holding your hand out to the boy.

He knelt down beside you. "It looks like a rat's tail," he said. "Can I hold it?"

You nodded, holding your hand closer. Fyodor picked up the worm, and watched it wriggle in his hand for a few moments.

"Can you be my friend instead of the worm?" you asked suddenly. "I mean, worms can't speak. So they won't bully me, but we also can't talk about things."

"They die quick too," he responded. You nodded.

"We need to stick together, or else everyone will keep calling us weird." you huffed.