Intimacy

Requested by akara1504 on Tumblr: "...Can I request for a scenario in where Fyodor's s/o is from the ADA?"

I got this done before older requests because I had a stroke of inspiration. It took me around 3 hours to write last night. I should be doing my older requests, but I didn't want to loose my ideas for this so I had to write it first. All the requests will be done eventually though. 

I feel like it would be disastrous if his s/o was still in the ADA while they're together, so I wrote a different take on this. I hope no one minds. This is set somewhere before the Guild arc by the way.

I got some of the philosophical ideas in this from Dostoevsky's Notes from the Underground (and from Crime and Punishment, of course). It's a very interesting read! It's short too, but if I'm being honest my limited vocabulary made it difficult to understand at times.

Additionally, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Thank you so much for reading my one shots and giving me 1k+ reads! You guys are the best. If I don't make a post about it later, Happy New Year! I wish everyone the best of luck. 

-

It started with letters. Luckily, they were not about you, but were ideas for you to ponder.

You weren't scared of whoever had sent them, and you weren't scared of what said person might do. Seemingly, the intent was nothing malicious.

For example, one said: "There can be no perfect world. There will be no world peace. To create a perfect world, all of mankind would have to relinquish their free will totally. There will always be someone who opposes the greater good."

Another read: "Punishment leads to repentance, as suffering leads one to seek relief. Relief then comes with the admission that one is guilty and the wish to repent for said guilt."

You could not reply, as there was no return address. Therefore, you were simply left to think.

-

Books arrived next. Many different types of books were sent to your doorstep. From books written by long dead philosophers to fictional tales about crime.

In each book, the unknown person wrote a short note. The notes always pertained to the contents of the book. The person wrote their thoughts on the author's ideas or the ideas of the characters in each story.

The books were quite interesting, and you tried your best to read each one before the next arrived.

The last book, however, came as a shock. It was a book about codes. Inside, the message read: "Have you kept all of the letters? There is a message within them for you."

You were in shock initially, but it didn't take you long to make your decision. With incredible nervousness, you laid out all of the letters and books you had received thus far in order on the floor. Luckily, each letter had been dated.

You checked each possible code in the book in sequence. It might not have been the most efficient method, but you weren't exactly thinking straight at the time.

Finally, you found a successful code. Something that formed a sensical sentence:

"There is nothing for you where you are. Come with me." it read.

You stared at the sentence you had scrawled in your notebook. Your heart was beating at an abnormally quick rate.

Where am I anyway? you thought. Japan? In my house?

It then hit you. "Where", likely referred to your current situation in general. It was true that you didn't feel satisfied where you were. How this person had any idea that this was the case: that was the true concern.