Warmth

Unspecified fluff requested by an anon on Tumblr. I decided to do something somewhat snow related since it's been snowing a ton where I live. 

-

It was an oddly cold December. Snow was already falling most days, and temperatures sat somewhere between -10 and -20 °C.

It was cold in the building you were living in, not as cold as it was outside, but cold regardless. Therefore you opted for a thick blanket and a pot of tea.

To pass time, you read a book, as you were still waiting for Fyodor to come home. He had gone out to complete an unspecified errand, so you had no idea how long he would take.

-

At 9pm Fyodor came through the door. His hat and hair were covered in small half-melted snowflakes. His eyelashes appeared to be covered in ice.

"I thought you would've been asleep by now. I didn't expect to take that long." Fyodor said as he removed his coat and boots.

"It's fine," you replied, "it's only a little past nine."

"Hm, I didn't realize. I thought it was past midnight already." Fyodor remarked.

"You must've been outside for a while. Your eyelashes look frozen." you stated. "Aren't you cold?"

Fyodor shook his head. "Don't worry about that. You know that I don't mind the cold."

"You're shivering." You pointed out, as Fyodor was in fact shivering slightly. He was probably trying to make it as unnoticeable as he could.

"You should come and sit with me," you said, "this blanket is really warm. You need a break from all that work once and a while."

Fyodor hesitated slightly, then hummed "I suppose it couldn't hurt."

Fyodor sat beside you, pulling the blanket up to his shoulders. You could feel him shivering. You could also tell that he was exhausted. Fyodor's eyelids kept falling shut as he struggled to keep them open.

You placed your book down on a nearby table. "You must have really tired yourself out. How about we have a nap?" you suggested.

To this, Fyodor simply replied with an "alright". You smiled up at him. It was a rarity, as he usually said that he was too busy to relax.

You didn't bother to ask him if he wanted to go to the bed, as he looked like could pass out any second. The two of you lay down on the couch, you pulling the warm blanket up to your heads.

It was a small couch, your legs quickly became entangled, and Fyodor held you to his chest. "You're so pleasantly warm..." you heard him mumble.

It didn't take long for Fyodor to fall asleep. He took small calm breaths, and his hair looked slightly tousled. What stood out the most though, was his face. He seemed incredibly relaxed; to you he looked almost angelic.

Seeing him like this was a reminder. A reminder that you both revealed parts of yourselves to each other that most would never see. You didn't mind Fyodor's usual hesitation to open up to you, you wanted him to be comfortable, after all. It also made moments when he did all the more special.