Mission [prompt request]

Another prompt request from an anon on Tumblr. It's from the same prompt post I used for the others. As always the quote requested is bolded.

We don't know the details of Fyodor's ability, but I wrote this under the assumption that he can kill anyone he wants with a touch. This might be wrong, but there's no way of knowing specifics yet. I also wrote this with the intention of him and the reader already being in a relationship, I figured I'd mention this as I don't mention it in the fic itself, as it would've seemed out of place.

Everyone keeps telling me to take a break, but I literally write these to distract myself from school related stress. So this is kinda like a break I guess. I actually have a bunch of school related stuff to do over the Winter break and it's really pissing me off. Sorry for ranting a little, I hope you enjoy.

Your eyes were glued to the monitors in front of you. On one of the monitors, you could see Fyodor from above. He was typing rapidly into a computer, eyes moving across the screen faster than his fingers.

You and Fyodor were on a mission together. The security cameras inside of the building were already tapped and set to play prerecorded footage when checked in the morning. Therefore, as he snuck in to retrieve the information he needed, you had been charged with observing the situation and notifying him of the positions of any guards.

Despite Fyodor's accurate disguise and functional counterfeit government identification card, it would be incredibly suspicious if he was caught. He wouldn't be recognized by the other guards, and he simply stood out too much as a foreigner. Therefore the guards had to be avoided at all costs. If they could not be avoided, Fyodor would probably be forced to use his ability, which would be even riskier than the original plan.

The building belonged to the Japanese government. It was a supposedly secret facility where government information was stored. Here, Fyodor had heard, he could find information on Japan's ability users. Of course, Fyodor already had some idea from informants, but he asserted that complete accuracy was key.

He had insisted on going himself, even though you had advised against it. Fyodor was more than willing to get his hands dirty if need be, but it still made you nervous. The other members of his organization had been assigned to collect information elsewhere. You asked him to wait for one of them to return, but he said that getting the information now was crucial. With that, you figured there was no way of convincing him.

Your eyes moved between notes you had written on the security's predetermined routes and the patrolling guards themselves. You were never sure if the nervousness you felt during stealth missions aided or hindered your concentration and judgement.

Your response to one of the guard's turns was luckily immediate. "There's been a diversion." you spoke into the microphone near your mouth.

"Who?" Fyodor's voice crackled into your earpiece.

"Guard 3. He turned West instead of East. He's ten minutes away from your room if he stays on his new path." you replied, slight nervousness evident in your tone. "How much more time do you need?"

"Fifteen minutes at most." said Fyodor.

You jumped slightly from your seat in panic when you noticed another change. "This is bad. The other two guards have diverted towards you as well. Did they have a backup system or something? Did we screw up?"

"Human beings are sometimes unpredictable," Fyodor began, voice still reaching you through static. "it's likely that they just decided to meet somewhere for a break. Something they planned on their own would be something we'd be unaware of. Besides, they'll be easy for me to decommission."

"This is bad." you muttered into the mic.

"You said that already." Fyodor sighed.

Slightly embarrassed that he heard your muttering, you tried to recover, "It seemed worth repeating."

You swore under your breath, "Shit, I really do think they're coming to your room. How much more time do you need?"

"Five minutes." he said, seemingly unfazed by the immediate threat.

"They'll be right outside the door when you're done at this rate. Don't those guards have tasers?" you asked the last bit almost as an afterthought.

"Stop worrying. They'll be dead in an instant." Fyodor stated.

"If they catch you... I'll kill them myself." you countered.

You could see Fyodor smirking from the security camera. He stood up and waved his usb at you, letting you know wordlessly that he was done.

"Are they outside?" he suddenly asked.

"Sadly..." you began. "They're talking in a circle though. Facing away from the door."

"That's fine then." Fyodor replied.

Almost as if he was a ghost, Fyodor briskly slipped through the door. You watched as he walked through the centre of the group and tapped each of the three men on the forehead too quickly for them to react. Blood from their now dying bodies splattered onto Fyodor's uniform and face, and as per usual, he did not flinch. That image, which would frighten most, sent a wave of calm through you.

-

It took Fyodor about ten minutes to finally arrive at the van stationed someways away from the building. The cameras from here to the building would also be edited promptly, so the two of you had nothing the worry about at the moment.

"Hey Fyodor good— w-what are you doing?" you stuttered from the driver's seat. Fyodor had just gotten into the back of the truck and was already unbuttoning the uniform he was wearing.

"Oh?" he said. "I hate wearing stuff like this, I just wanted to get back into my regular clothes... But, if you're into the idea of me wearing a uniform then I can keep it on for you."

"S-shut up." you stammered, starting the van and throwing it into drive. "I have to drive now. Please try not to distract me."

Fyodor replied with a small laugh. Out of habit, he tried to hold it back, but the sincerity of it was still evident.

"All right. We'll discuss your reward later then." he said. You couldn't help but blush.