Embrace [prompt request]

Another request with a quote from a Tumblr prompt post. This one is from Tumblr user greatqueenoftheabyss. This'll be a little angsty :~)

- 

"Do you trust me?" He asked.

"No." You replied.

"You're smarter than you look."

You took a deep breath. "Eventually... You're going to kill me too. Aren't you?"

Fyodor stared at you for a while, seemingly unfazed by what you had said. You returned his stare. His eyes were always cold, just like his hands.

"In death, one receives salvation." he began. His mouth twisted into a unintelligible smile, one that seemed to reflect a combination faith and a degree of loathing. For who or what, one couldn't be sure.

"For some, living itself is a sin. These so-called abilities, they too are a sin. I've told you before; I'll erase them. All of them."

A numbness spread across you. You had known all along.

"Is it wrong... Is it wrong to want to stay with you? Even if that's what you'll do?" you pled. You had wondered since long ago if you were mad.

There was silence again. It was almost agonizing.

"It would be admirable of you, to accept your death so graciously." Fyodor said, moving close to you and caressing your cheek with one hand. You tried to back away, but couldn't make yourself. Your eyes were brimming with tears.

"Don't cry," he murmured, "it's still such a long way away. And when the time comes, you'll surely go to Heaven. There we'll meet again."

You began to shake lightly as you wrapped your arms around his torso to embrace him, leaning your head against his chest. Half-consciously, you felt him return the gesture.

"I l-love you," you stammered softly, "but I still don't understand why you have to do all this."

Fyodor began stroking your hair softly. "It is God's will, and I am an extension of this will. Therefore, I will help it come to pass. So will you—when the time comes."

Your tears had stopped now, and the numbness had persisted. It was all encompassing; from your mind, to your body, maybe even to your soul. If there was comfort in his arms, you couldn't feel a thing.