Being A Wolf Has Perks

A/N: Hiya! So, I have returned from this little 'break'. I finished this chapter early, so the next will be a part of my jumbo update! Also, I have a battle coming up real soon......enjoy the sweet chapters while you can......hehehe.....
Thanks for reading, commenting, and voting!😁

The next morning Echo woke up earlier than usual, seeing that it was still dark outside. He sat up in his bed and glanced around, not seeing Zane/Pixal anywhere. Across the room he saw Jackson still asleep under his blankets. Quietly he slipped out of bed, and ended up stepping on a furry object. Echo stumbled forward as it woke up with a soft yelp. There was a small ray of light, showing that it ended up being Zane/Pixal that he stepped on.

“Sorry!” Echo said earnestly

“It's alright.” The two said in unison before yawning

Echo smiled lightly, before he slipped out of the room and got himself together. About a half hour later he came back to his room, just as the sun was starting to rise. There he saw the combined two, lying calmly in  of his bed.

“Alrighty, let's go get you two back to normal.” Echo said softly, and the two nodded in agreement as they got up

Both walked right beside Echo as he headed down to where he worked at. From outside the door, he heard squealing and rattling coming from in the room. Echo quietly opened the door and shut it behind him. He looked around to see what was making the noise, and saw the place where he put leopard cub Gizmo, was shaking.

Quickly he unlatched the door and the cub jumped right into his arms.

“Sorry Giz, but I couldn't have you causing any trouble.” Echo said with a playful smile as his little friend nuzzled him.

Echo, holding his friend gently, headed back over to his chair; where Zane/Pixal was at.

“Will you two be able to watch him please?” Echo asked in English and they nodded

He then set Gizmo down beside his big, wolfy brother.

Gizmo squeaked as he was put down. He then spotted the large wolf that was laying beside him. The little cub scampered onto him and started tugging on it’s paws a little. Zane/Pixal simply laid there calmly while Gizmo toyed around, seeing that he liked tugging on Zane when he was his normal self.

Echo giggled a little before he slid into his chair, examining what was wrong with his machine.

“I musta overlooked somethin’.” He mumbled to himself

Zane\Pixal turned their head and watched the shadow that the door was casting from being halfway open.
Something was there, invisible to everyone else, except for the two of them, who could sense its presence.

They looked away when they both heard a clicking sound coming over by Echo.

“There, I think I got it.” He said just as he tightened a screw.

Just as he did so, a small beam of red light shot out of the machine and hit a piece of metal across the room. The minute it touched the metal, the beam disintegrated the metal before disappearing.

Echo, Zane/Pixal, and Gizmo were all frozen after watching it.

“On second thought…...maybe it isn’t fixed quite yet…” Echo said hastily before reopening the machine.

Zane/Pixal both nodded, slightly in shock from what happened, while Gizmo went back to tugging on their paws.

********

A shadow stepped out of the darkness that was casted over the room. He left the room and walked out along the hallway, until he made it to a large warehouse styled work room.