A Trip To The Hardware Store

It was the middle of the night when a loud clap of thunder shook the bounty. Echo bolted awake from the noise. He held a sleeping Gizmo close to him. There was several flashes of lightning before another clap of thunder. Echo covered himself in his blankets. He gave a soft yelp when rain began pounding against the bounty. Echo slid out of bed, while still clutching Gizmo, and grabbed his blanket.  He quietly headed to Zane's room. Echo slipped in and headed over to where Zane was asleep. He gently nudged Zane.

“Zane?” Echo quietly asked.

Zane stirred and sat up, his icy blue eyes being slightly dimmed.
“What's wrong Echo?” Zane asked as he rubbed his eyes.

“I'm scared. Can I sleep with you?” Echo asked before he trembled at another clap of thunder.

“Of course. Come here.” Zane said as he slid out of bed.

Zane laid a few of his blankets down onto the floor. He then had Echo lay down on them and he covered him with a blanket, before Zane laid down right beside him.
“Better?” Zane asked sleepily

Echo nodded before falling asleep again, with Zane sleeping right beside him.

The next morning the others stood in front of Zane's door, snickering. 

“This is so going onto my Chirper page.” Kai snickered as he took a photo of the two sleeping side by side.

“I think its sweet.” Nya said softly.

“Nya can you fill this bucket up with water please?” Lloyd asked as he appeared behind Kai.

Nya agreed. Lloyd then inched into the room. Carefully he made his way over to where the two were at.
“Wakey, wakey Zane!” Lloyd cried out just as he dumped the water directly onto Zane.

Zane yelped and bolted straight up, waking up Echo beside him. Zane shot a look at Lloyd and the others as he wiped his soaking, wet hair out of his eyes. Echo sat up beside Zane and rubbed his eyes.

“Zane why are all the others at your door?” Echo asked as he petted Gizmo.

“Its nothing Echo. Why don't you go get yourself together?” Zane suggested as he wiped water out of his eyes.

Echo nodded and left the room with Gizmo following him. Seeing Echo leave, Zanes soft expression then turned into a glare.
“What is the reason you dumped water on me?” Zane asked

“Cause it was funny and so Kai could get a photo of you.” Jay snickered.

“Guess who is going to be famous on Chirper?” Kai laughed.

Zane then looked extremely annoyed.
“Don't you dare post that or else I'll have to post your photo as well.” Zane then said with a sly smile.

“I don't have any bad photos.” Kai said defensively

“Oh this I got to see.” Cole and Lloyd said bemused.

“Alright, if you insist. PIXEL can you pull up the Kai’s Bad Hair day photo?” Zane asked as he stood up.

Zane's eyes then glowed a brighter blue as he then projected a photo of Kai onto his blank wall. The others walked in and burst out laughing. In the photo was Kai with neon pink and orange hair that was not at all spikey. Kai turned bright red from embarrassment.

“Alright you win, I won't do it.” Kai said in defeat.

After they were done laughing, Lloyd facepalmed himself.
“I almost forgot. Sensei wants us to go on deck for training.” Lloyd told them.

They all agreed and Zane went off to go get dressed. They all then headed down to the deck. After a few hours, all of them were exhausted.

“Nya come with me, please.” Sensei Wu said as he headed below deck.

“Be right there Sensei!” Nya called. She then turned to the boys.

Can you guys go down to that hardware store and pick up a few things for me please?” Nya asked quickly as she gave Kai a list.

“Sure thing sis.” Kai said as he pulled off his hood.

“Oh and take Echo with you. I think he is a little bored.” Nya said as she headed off to where Sensei went.

“Hey Echo, lets go!” Cole called out to the other side of the deck.

Echo quickly put Gizmo down and headed over to where the others were at.
“Where are we going?” Echo asked with curiosity

“We need to head to the hardware store to get some stuff for Nya.” Lloyd said as he made his dragon and hopped on. Cole, Kai, and Jay did the same.

“You're going to ride with me Echo.” Zane said kindly as he then made his own dragon.

Zane's ice dragon lowered itself so Echo could climb on. The six of them then headed down the old hardware store in the outskirts of Ninjago City. They landed and hopped off their dragons.

“Guys, how long has the store been abandoned again?” Kai asks as he looks at the ground by the door.