24 ; thinking over love

[dan+phil]

flashback

"goodnight boys, have a good sleep." mr. lester said, ushering the ten year old boys into phils room before leaving them alone shutting the door.

phils ginger hair fell infront of his face as his friend climbed into his own sleeping bag, cuddling up into the warmth.

phil was sat criss cross apple sauce on his bed which was a fluorescent green bedding with a dinosaur on it.

"daniel?" he asked, looking down at his younger friend who was half-asleep already.

"hmph." dan hummed, to tired to open his eyes. phil poked him; multiple times in fact.

"yes, philly?" he asked yawning, sitting up rubbing his eyes with his fists.

"we should play truth or dare!" phil exclaimed, smiling widely grabbing the youngers hand and pulling him up onto the twin size bed.

"i don't want to get in trouble" dan sighed, rolling onto his back as phil rolled his eyes at him.

"come on dan, it'll be fun!" phil smiled, reassuring him thoughtfully. the smaller boy gave a small nod, making phil break out into a smile dan doing the same.

"ok, truth or dare dan?" phil asked, practically bouncing with excitement.

"d-dare." dan stuttered out, not wanting to seem weak. phil grinned, thinking of all the things he could make dan do.

"i dare you to come to my treehouse with me." he said grimly, standing up stepping over dans sleeping bag towards the door.

dans eyes widened, his small figure beginning to full of worry. what if there was wolves out there? worse, the clown from 'it'.

"come on, daniel."
"b-but."

suddenly dans arm was yanked by phils, their hands intertwined.

"remember, i'll always protect you." phil smiled, rubbing his thumb against dans small hands.

dans worry disappeared in a millisecond, vanishing from the world and his scared pained face was now a goofy grin.

"ok, you have lights in there right?" dan asked, phil knowing dan was afraid of the dark.

phil nodded, dragging dan quietly down the wooden stairs. phil opened the glass sliding door located in the dining room, he lead dan towards the tree which had a ladder up to the oversized treehouse.

once phil had pulled dan up the ladder, and shut the latch he turned on the light.

posters of sponge bob were on the wall and a couple of elvis presley. a worn out couch was in front of a small box tv which barely worked, next to it two bean bag chairs and a bunch of art and drawings were covered on the floor.

dan sat on the red carpet, (covered in many stains from spilling juice and food) phil inviting him on the couch.

dan crawled onto the couch sitting next to his friend, "ok, we're out here now. do i ask you now?" dan asked, phil nodding in response.

"truth or dare?"
"truth."
"have you ever made mud pies and eaten them?"
"gross! ew, no i haven't dan!"

dan giggled at phils response, phil sticking his tongue out at dan playfully.

"truth or dare dan?"
"truth."

phil gave a childish smirk, cocking one of his eyebrows up. a trick he had just learned.

"have you had your first kiss yet?" phil asked innocently, batting his eyelashes down. dan hesitated before shaking his head no.

"i-i don't know anyone to trust with my first kiss, its a big deal phil." dan mumbled bringing his knees to his chest.

"i haven't either, y-you know how its supposed to be special right?" he asked, dan nodded. "well you're really special to me and.."

phil mumbled the last part inaudible for dan to hear. "what?"

"do you wanna be each others first kiss?" phil blurted out, tilting his head slightly awaiting an answer.

"yes! you're my bestfriend philly, of course i'd trust you with my first kiss." dan giggled, smiling nodding his head rapidly.

phil broke out into a smile pulling dans smaller frame towards him, he looked dan deep into his brown eyes.

"are you ready?" phil asked, dan nodding and almost sitting on phils lap.

they both leaned in, eyes shut and lips pecked.

they kissed sweetly before pulling away.

dan and phil both smiled, hugging each other before continuing the game like nothing ever happened.

dan barely remembers the kiss, phil never forgets about it.

flashback over

-

dan was angry, pissed off actually. he pushed people out of his way, pushing a girl into a locker which made her friends freak out at him. but with one glare they all backed away.

his new white adidas shoes touched the floor quietly with each step he took, he wondered if he should still go see phil. even if they haven't talked for three days.

dan sighed, passing the gym but opening the door, suspiciously it was clear today. he walked towards the bleachers, going through the small gap that led to the back.

when he entered, phil was leaning against the back wall. it was dark, but light still made its way in making it dim. dust flew around, it was obvious janitors didn't clean back here.

"hey dan, did jenny bring you?" phil asked cautiously, stepping closer to dan.

"no, she was being a fucking bitch. i hope you enjoy fucking her while she has a black eye." dan replied, cockily and rude.

phil raised his eyebrows, a serious look now on his face. "you punched her?" he clicked his tongue.

dan nodded, glaring at phil. phil sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"why did you want me to come here?" dan asked aggressively, anger dipped into his tone.

"i want you to come to my party, that i'm holding at my house tonight." phil simply said.

"no."

phil raised an eyebrow, shrugging his shoulders at dans response.

it was about a minute before they spoke again, "is any of my friends going?" dan asked crossing his arms.

"almost everyone in our grade are coming." phil confirmed, dan sighed looking over to phil.

"i'll go, but if you don't impress me or i don't like it i'm never speaking to you again. got it?" dan told phil. phil nodded weakly.

"deal."